-02-

1996 Mystic Falls Virginia

Astrid POV

What I'm about to do is probably stupid. Scratch that really stupid. I don't even know if the spell will work. If it doesn't I'll just be dead. Yes I know I'm already dead but I will be for real this time.

I walk over to a pay phone to dial a number that I doubt would be the right number but I sure hope it is.

"Hello?" A British voice says over the phone.

"I'm doing it." I say with a tear falling down my face. It's actually him.

"Astrid!?!? You're alive? Tell me where you are, I'm coming to get you right now. I haven't heard his voice since 1919 it's so nice.

"Don't" I say. "You got this spell for me and I'm going to use it"

"Astrid please. No. I'm gonna find yo-" the man on the phone said.

"Find me when it's the right time," I said. "I'm going to take this. Die. And I will come back, you made sure that I had the choice to do that and I'm going to take that offer."

"I love you Astrid, just please at least tell me where you'll be"

"I think you know where," I said, turning to look at the cafe where the young Gilbert family sat. "I love you Klaus" I said, hanging the phone up.

"Here goes nothing" I said, slipping out the small vial then cutting my palm and letting the blood trickle into the vile.

I took the vile and drank it. Then at the same time the lady I compelled in the cafe slipped the vials into the Gilberts coffee.

Then I took out a stake and stabbed it into my heart.

-Present Day-

I woke up from yet another dream. But like all things dreams fade and you soon forget about them.

I got ready for the day, and looked at the picture of my family on my nightstand. It was my eighth birthday and I had cake all over my face. And for the first time in a while I smiled.