Chapter 1

We live in a world full of different specimens. Ones that soar through the skys, swim through deep dark waters or travel the lands. I, Dipper Pines, am a mermaid, and even though I have a male body I'm still classified as a mermaid. Merfolk are not labeled by their body genetics but how their tails look. Mermen have a fin that travels down their backs, this proves you are dominant and gives you the gene of being able to impregnate others. Ones without this fin are labeled mermaids because they are submissive and all of them are able to bare kin.

Now, we Merfolks live in tribes. My twin sister, Mabel, and I migrated to our gunkel Stans tribe a few years ago due to our home tribe being attack and killed off by Sirens.

Oh yes, the lovely sirens, fated enemy of merfolk. Whilst we merfolk live peacefully among other creatures, Sirens kill just for sport. Sirens are blood thirsty deep water creatures that only come into lighter waters to kill. Their sharp teeth peirces through unexpeting seacretures. Their sharp talons filled with poison dig deep into your skin and while your screams echo through uncharted waters, the sirens are watching with amusement.

"Dipper! What have I told you about telling the kids about sirens that way, your supposed to be telling them story's and facts about the water! Not scaring their scales off!" Mable huffs in a disappointed anger. The kids are huddled together in a small corner filled with soft sea grass.

"Oh dear, little ones, how about we go to the reefs and play with the fish?" Pacifica, Mable's wife, and a dominant Merfolk, talks to the children in a soft tone.

I sighed as I looked up at Mable with an unamused look, "I am telling them stories, they should know about the Sirens, those horrible blood thirsty good for nothing creatures."

"Listen, I know your trying to warn them but they will learn when the time comes."

"We didnt learn quick enough, why do you think our tribe is gone, huh!" I flicked my pearlescent blue tail in a fit of anger, I really hate it when she does this. She acts as if everything's fine. I rushed out of the library I was working in and when straight to the trenches.

God why cant anyone understand. This world we live in, we aren't safe. I hate it when she acts as if she knows everything.

It was hours before I returned to the tribe. Most of the guppies where in their homes. Some couples were out having a relaxed time. I went straight to my own home. No one to bother me.

Well that's what I thought until I saw Mable in my living quarters, with a sappy expression on her face and a hand rested of her tummy. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Dipdot! I have exciting news!" She flickes her sparkling pink tail, almost knocking over a frame that sat on my wall.

"Hey! Hey, watch it." I sneared at her. She never watches her surroundings and it pushes me off.

"I'm sorry. But anyway! Guess what! Actually wait! I'll just tell you! I'm! Pregnant!" Mable's voice peirces through my ears.

"Wait, really you two finally succeed in mating? That's actually pretty awesome." All of my earlier anger had disappeared.

"I know right! I cant wait to meet Paci's kiddy!" Her excitement shown through her eyes and her big wide smile. "When are you going to mate?"

With that all of my anger returned in one gush. "Mabel, we've talked about this."

"Oh whatever, c'mon, the world is not that dangerous, dont you want a guppy with the dominant you love? I heard that Gideon, the merman with white puffy hair and white and blue gradient tail, yknow the guy, had his eyes on you. Oh! What a beautiful tail your guppy would have!" Mabel rambled off on how I should go and meet him.

"I will not, ever in my life, mate with a dominant that is so full of himself, now will you go home so I can rest."

Mable reluctantly left my home with party words. I was finally alone. I decided to read alittle before going to bed, another book about Siren Anatomy, I needed to know their weak points for when I met one.

I drifted to sleep with calm waters and the soft noises of whales communicating I'm the distance, with the thought that I was finally becoming an uncle.

Alright how's that for a comeback. This in the new billdip mermaid/siren au I've created, I hope this one is better then the old one. Until next time