Years Apart!

CHAPTER: YEARS APART!

"I..." He began but stopped himself.

"Please Gray. Don't make this anymore harder than it is already."

"Erza, I fucked up. I know. But please give me this chance."

"So, are you going to the party?"

"Jelly, it's your birthday. Of course, I will come." Erza smiled and looked back at the window.

"why don't you talk first?"

"I don't know Jellal. It has been three weeks and he still haven't talked to me."

"Erza."

"Jellal please."

"Hey Erza." Erza walked towards the group and there were the rest of the group.

"So, how was the trip with your boyfriend."

"Guys, Jellal and I are not together." She looked especially to Ultear who said that.

But what they failed to notice was a man in black suit who was walking towards his best friend but stopped when he heard his sister's comment.

"Hey Jellal, happy birthday, man." He patted on his back and give him the gift.

"Gray." The said guy ignored the scarlet maiden and ask a random girl for a dance.

"He'll come around."

And all she could do was nod.

Gray was walking back to school for his early morning lecture but stopped when he saw the riverbank, his riverbank, there riverbank.

"You are early."

Gray smiled, "I can't miss this opportunity Erza."

"Gray," it was Natsu. "Stop overthinking."

He nodded and walk down the lane to his school.

--------------- X -------------

"

Erza-sama."

"Yes, Juvia." Erza turned around to face the emo girl.

"Erza-sama. Please forgive Gray-sama. He truly loves you. He told me that he missed the opportunity to says that to the girl he loved before and he felt something for me and didn't wanted me to lose the opputunity, so he did the first thing that come to his mind."

But the girl in question just nodded and continued eating her lunch.

--------------- X -------------

"Erza, you were my best friend since I ever knew how to make friends. You were there for me, whenever I need you. You're like a shield I never asked for but still got."

"Erza." He took her small tiny yet callous hands in her and look straight in her eyes,

"You accepted the red hair me, you lost your eye because of me. I am the fault in our friendship, Erza. I was the one who stopped talking to you, when you come back. I was the one."

Erza smiled sadly, "Gray, I know you hate me."

"No Erza." He thundered, "I could never ever hate you."

"I ignored not because I hate you Erza, but because I was jealous."

"Jealous?" she questioned.

"Yes." He nodded.

"I was jealous, because I love you."

--------------- X -------------

"

All the projects have been done. And tomorrow we will decide who is going to France for tranfer."

Mr. Gildarts, homeroom teacher announced.

"Did you fill the form,Erza?" Levi asked her best friend but the said best friend didn't respond. Lost in the memories of the day.

"You love me?" erza half shouted in shock and in anger.

Gray nodded.

"Why didn't told me before?"

"I was scared, Erza. I was scared because of Jellal. I know he love you as well and the way I saw in the airport when he asked you to be his girlfriend, I thought I lost you."

"Girlfriend, airport. What are you sprouting now?"

And for the next hour and half the two best friends talked. They talked and cleared all the misunderstandings that have managed to come in the way of these two.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Erza?" he finally managed to ask.

"Gray you have hurt me too much. But I am willing to give us a try."

"Really Erza?" and she nodded.

That was the only response he needed, as he leaned to steal a kiss.

--------------- X -------------

"Congratulations, Erza Scarlet. You're going to study in France. If you have any problem, please inform as soon as possible. Your tickets will be mailed to you."

Read the E-mail.