THE FLIGHT!

CHAPTER: THE FLIGHT

Erza Scarlet is in a dilemma. She wanted to get away from the source of pain but she also wanted to hold onto Gray for as long as possible.
Her love for him was greater than that.

But she knew that, 'Some Love stories simply didn't get the happy ending.'

So, she sent the reply with a Yes.

"Are you sure about that." Jellal asked as he put the final bag in his car.

"Yeah." Erza was sad, even more sad than she was when she left before.

"Erza." He walked towards her, "Please I am not saying that to hurt you or anything but please reconsider this. Your going to France will not change anything."

"Are you dropping me, Jellal?" she asked.

Jellal could easily read her best friend and right now she was sad and heartbroken.

What gray did was wrong, really wrong and he shouldn't be forgiven for that but he love her as well. He had loved her ever since he was a kid.

"Erza you know, we all think that what gray did was wrong. But he was not the only one, Gajeel too was wrong and so was Juvia."

She ignored his words and looked out of the window.

"He told me when I come back that he was jealous and I felt that Erza."

"Jellal," she half shouted in a failed attempt to stop him.

"Erza. You know how I felt about you. I used to really like you and whenever I saw you with Gray, my blood used to boil and I couldn't help but think of him as the enemy."

Jellal took Erza's silence as an opportunity to continue, "Erza, gray really love you and I know you do too. This type of love is really rare, don't let it go. Please."

"We are here, Jellal. Goodbye." She took of with her bags.

As jellal watched her go, he whispered to himself, "Sorry, Erza."

--------------- X -------------

E

rza was siting in flight and all the memories of her childhood with gray were making it hard for her to not cry.

She too loved the raven haired guy but she couldn't forget about the humiliation and heart break she had to go through all because of the same guy.

"What do you mean you have nobody with you, huh!" little gray questioned Erza.

"I heard you are going with Cana." Erza replied.

"Shut up, Erza. We are best friends for a reason."

Next day....

"Oh my Goddness, Erza can't believe this."

"Ugh, Mira stop. Let me eat my cake in silence." Erza asked.

"And let me sleep." Gray concluded.

"Shut up you two. I still can't believe you two showed up as an armour mage and a stripper with a bow tie, at last night's Gala." Mira shouted while throwing her hands in air.

Erza and Gray looked at each other and high-five.

"We're a good team."

"We're an amazing team."

Erza opened her eyes and wipe off the tears.
She knew what she had to do and she was going to do it.

--------------- X -------------

"

Where is Gray?"

"ERZA!!!" Lucy shouted, which caught the attention of everyone.

And the whisper of erza scarlet is here soon were heard.

"But why are you asking me. Was he not with you?" lucy asked leaving the scarlet girl confused.

"Lucy quit it out. Where is gray?"

"Gray-sama." Juvia interefered, "Have left the moment he heard about your tranfer, to stop you."

"Wait and who told him?" she asked.

"That would be me." A smiling Jellal raised his hand and erza just shake her head.

"But where is gray?" lucy asked to no one in particular.

"oh man, Erza is going to get a surprise." A very tired Natsu entered and walked straight to Mira to ask for food.

"Natsu?"

"Or maybe, Gray will get a surprise." Natsu concluded.

"Ok wait. So you are saying that gray booked a flight to France and now he is in the flight itself." Mira concluded Natsu's story.

"Yeah."

A now famished Erza took a sit beside Juvia.

"Should we call him?" Jellal asked.

"The flight took off an hour ago." Erza said.

--------------- X -------------

"

Yes."

"Gray."

"Erza!"

Erza smiled hearing the surprise in his voice.

"Yeah! Where are you?"

"I should be the one to ask you that. I heard from Jellal that you are going to France and not from my best friend."

She smiled sadly.

"And you followed me"

She could make out the smile in his face.

"Erza."

"I am in Magnolia, Gray."

"You are where?"

"I didn't leave. I just couldn't."

"Great. Just stay there, okay. I will take the earliest flight back. Don't go. Alright."

She hummed but couldn't speak. The tears in her eyes were freeily falling by now.

--------------- X -------------

Erza was already at the airport, two hours earlier. She couln't stop herself. The moment she allowed her heart to be truly honest with herself, she knew she shouldn't be on the airplane.

And for the first time in years, she followed her heart. She get off the plane, made a mad dash towards Gray but not before calling Gildarts about the change in plans.

"Erza." She heard him, even in the noise.

They both walked towards each other and the first thing, gray did was to take her in his arms.

And she knew she was home.

--------------- X -------------