Cliché Ships

#4: in every zodiac book, authors use the same ships OVER AND OVER.

The most common ships are always:

Pisces (f) x scorpio (m)

Cancer (f) x Taurus (m)

Capricorn (m) x virgo (f)

Honestly with the fire and air signs the ships are a lot more relaxed and interchangeable. I'm guessing it's because those signs are more extroverted. But some honorable mentions for them are:

Aries (m) x Sagittarius (f)

Leo (m) x libra (f)

Gemini x libra (the genders could go either way)

Poor aquarius! How come they didn't end up in any ships? It seems like amateur authors really want aquarius to be the loner. Usually in the end of a somewhat well-written book aquarius ends up with somebody (usually it's gemini or someone who can understand their "weirdness").

To all of my writers out there, use the ships in your story to keep writers guessing! Even though the signs may have certain crushes in the beginning of the story, maybe something could happen to make a sign have feelings for another sign. BOOM! Love triangle! Use romance as an opportunity to build tension and excitement in the story, and your readers will enjoy it even more when their favorite sign ends up with whoever is truly right for them!

Another thing to note is that a lot of authors use these generic ships because a lot of readers have preferred ships for the signs, and they want to satisfy their readers. The thing is, it's not about who each sign ends up with. It's about how they end up together, and also how well they work out as a couple.

Side note: I am planning on making a chapter about cliché love triangles later on. I'll just be talking about the really annoying love triangle clichés. Other than those, a love triangle is a really good plot element!

5/4/20