dance with me.

" what the HELL jacob barber " y/n said laughing, after jacob had told her a secret.

y/n and jacob were currently in jacob's room. his parents had this party downstairs and the two didn't want to socialize, since they didn't even know anyone except mr. and mrs. barber.

they both decided to just stay in jacob's room for the whole night. it has been about 2 hours. y/n and jacob were sharing secrets, but there was one secret she'd like to tell him. she just didn't know how.

until, she had an idea. he had to know sooner or later right? she decided that she wasn't going to waste her time and hide it any longer.

" alright, here's my last secret. " y/n said, hiding the nervousness in her voice. thankfully, he didn't notice.

" aw, last? " jacob said half disappointed.

" don't worry, it's my best secret! "

y/n took her phone and played a song. ( the song above. you can play it if you'd like. )

" what's this? " jacob said confused.

y/n reached her hand out, motioning for jacob to take it and dance with her.

" if we dance, then you don't have to speak. "

jacob sighed and took her hand. they danced slowly, swaying carefully to the song. jacob sort of liked it, it felt "safe" in a way.

" so what's the secret y/n/n? is the secret that you know how to dance? "

" shut up, barber. just...listen. "

y/n was really nervous on how jacob would react but if this was gonna be her last moment with him, then she'd have to make the most out of it.

y/n layed her head on jacob's chest as they continued to dance slowly.

and i know it's hard to tell
but i think i really like you

it was that line. that was the secret. y/n liked jacob. hell, even loved him. y/n has hid it for so long. y/n liked this boy so much, she'd do anything for him. she'd murder if she had to.

jacob heard the lyrics and it struck him too.
although it took him a while to process it. but when he realized what her secret was he stopped moving, and he looked at her.

y/n looked back at jacob, tears streaming down her face.

" y/n. you like me? "

all y/n could do was nod. he finally knew. she didn't have to hide it anymore.

jacob didn't know what to do. he just stood there in shock. he couldn't believe it.

because he liked her too and he just couldn't blurt it out.

after staring at each other for a while, y/n broke the silence.

" jacob, it's fine if you don't like me back okay? i don't need you to reciprocate my feelings. "

" no y/n i— "

jacob stopped. and then he kissed her.
it wasn't forced, it wasn't just so she'd feel better. he kissed her because he liked her.

they both pulled away and stood there, holding each other.

" y/n, i love you. "