thunderstorms.

cliche chapter, i know. but i am currently in bed and there is a thunderstorm so i am writing this.

y/n didn't like thunder. sure, rain was fine, it was relaxing in a way. but thunder somehow scared her.

especially at night, whenever she'd hear thunder, it would make her pull her blanket all the way up to her face. especially on nights with loud thunder, she would find it hard to sleep.

maybe there was one thing that could keep her safe from all the thunder,

it was jacob barber.

it was a rainy night and y/n was over at jacob's. due to the heavy rain, y/n's parents suggested that she'd stay over at the barbers' and they would pick her up the day after.

andy and laurie had agreed to it, and jacob was fine with y/n sleeping in his room.

y/n and jacob were close friends. best friends even. they had sleepovers sometimes so it wasn't awkward if they slept beside each other.

it was currently 10:35pm and y/n & jacob were on the couch watching a movie.

" jacooooob, i'm sleepy. " y/n whined.

" alright, let's go back to my room then and you can rest. "

jacob turned off the tv and they both went to his room.

andy and laurie were both trying to fall asleep by then, so the two did their best to remain quiet as they went back to jacob's room.

when they got there, jacob handed y/n one of his shirts and some pants so that she could change and be comfortable.

jacob, of course, gave her some privacy as she changed into the clothes he handed her.

he wasn't gonna lie, it warmed his heart to see her in his clothes.

directly after changing, y/n plopped onto jacob's bed. she was really sleepy and she really wanted to rest. jacob gently moved her so that he could have some space as well but not so much as to invade her personal space.

" goodnight, y/n. " jacob softly whispered.

and that's when she heard it.

thunder.

loud ones, one after the other.

she hadn't experienced thunderstorms this bad before and jacob wasn't aware of her fear of them. she thought he would think it was childish so she never mentioned it.

but here she was, shaking in fear all because of the thunder. slightly tearing up.

without even realizing it, she moved closer to jacob. and because of this, jacob had felt her shaking.

he instantly woke up, knowing something must be wrong.

" hey, are you okay? " he said softly

" i-i'm scared. "

" the thunder? "

" y-y-yeah. "

jacob moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her, making sure she felt safe. he had never seen her this scared before and it made him sad.

he slowly hummed a tune in the hopes that it would calm her down. he was humming their favorite song. while he did that, he was also gently stroking her hair.

it felt nice. y/n didn't feel as scared anymore. it was like jacob knew exactly what to do to make her feel better.

y/n was slowly falling asleep despite the continuous thunder, thanks to jacob.

she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

jacob kissed the top of her head.

" you're okay. goodnight y/n. "

jacob fell asleep after making sure that y/n was asleep too. he had his head on top of her's, and her head was buried into his neck. his arms of course, still wrapped around her to ensure that he was there with her.