lookalike.

sad imagine because im a sad writer.
jk not really but i love this song and it's sad sooo.

it's been 5 months. 5 months, yet the pain
y/n was feeling felt like she'd been feeling it her whole life.

5 months ago, she and jacob broke up. y/n had noticed that jacob was being distant, she'd ask him about it but he would just say that he was fine, she knew he wasn't though. he would make excuses but y/n always knew they weren't true.

and then they had a talk. y/n brought it up, she knew what was gonna happen. the words he said still haven't left her mind.
" we need a break. and by we, i mean i. "

she knew ever since the incident with ben, he hasn't been doing well. his mental health was horrible. she always wanted to help him, she tried so hard, but he'd just feel bad because he knew she alone couldn't heal him that easily.

he broke up with her because he was doing really bad. so bad, he thought no one could handle it, not even himself. she was aware of it, but her love for jacob didn't stop her.

jacob didn't want to hurt her. it was never his intention, but because of what he was feeling he knew he was hurting her.

she understood why they had to break up. but she couldn't understand why he just gave up so easily. he knew she loved him, more than anything in this world. why didn't he allow her to help him? to stay by his side through all of this? so many questions had flooded her head,
poor y/n.

jacob assured y/n that she was more than enough and she was more than he deserved. but that didn't help. she still wanted to be with jacob because she loved him.

in the months after they broke up, y/n tried to get her mind off of jacob. she'd dated 3 guys in the hopes that she'd love them more than she loved him.

but dear god, she had no luck.

the first guy she dated was miles. miles was intimidating. he had a lot of secrets he'd refuse to tell y/n and he got mad whenever she'd ask about them. why did she even date him?

maybe because his eyes reminded her of jacob's.

the second guy was freddy. freddy was really sweet. he was fun to be around. poor freddy though, he had to walk with crutches. he was really nice to her and her family too. but she knew he wasn't right for her. for multiple reasons of course, he was too good for her but also,

the way he dressed reminded her of jacob.

the third guy, who she had her hopes up for, was stanley. stanley was like freddy in a way, but more mature. he did drugs sometimes, but y/n didn't care. he made her laugh often. he'd take her on dates whenever he got the chance. she could've sworn this was it but,

the way he smiled reminded her too much of jacob.

y/n eventually gave up on looking for someone new. in everyone she dated, she would see pieces of jacob in them. it was as if she was forcing them to be someone they weren't. she wanted them to be jacob.

maybe that's why she liked miles, freddy and stanley. it was as if she was loving jacob all over again, except she wasn't.

she wasn't over him. maybe she never will be. besides, jacob just needed time to fix himself right? he didn't say he would find someone new.

but maybe he has found someone new. a girl who would be able to fix him. a girl who would make him stable again. a girl he'd love more than he loved her.

she didn't want to believe it, she knew he would come back for her.

but he never did.

edit: FUCK I SHOULD'VE ADDED BILL FOR Y/N TO DATE SO THAT BILL WOULD FUCK HER UP LMAOOO

is this based on my own
experience? you decide.