Surprise!

Photo of Chase.

I looked at myself in the salon mirror. I admit it looked great but it made me look like the old me. 

"Kathy is back." James sang as he touched my hair. He had volunteered to pay for it, give me rides to school and tried to be less annoying so I took the offer.

"Can you give me a clue now?" I begged. He had been bragging about my surprise for a long time even though when you tell someone there's a surprise it basically ruins it.

"You'll see soon I promise." he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, Kat." I heard Scarlet yell as she walked towards me.

"Hey." I said.

She started to touch my hair and play with it. "You look gorgeous!" she complimented.

"Thanks." I said walking to biology with her.

The teacher started to explain something and then put us into groups. I was put with Scarlet and Zach. We were supposed to dissect a frog, disgusting. Zach was the jock type I guess, with girls staring at him whenever they saw him but he really wasn't even that good looking.

"Ok Scarlet go get the equipment and Kat grab the frog." he was bossing us around. There was no point drawing attention to myself so I obeyed him.

"I used to date that jerk." Scarlet whispered to me.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"He cheated on me." she shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"Did he at least apologise." I asked, getting a bit defensive.

"Nope."

"He's on my hit list." I said causing Scarlet to laugh.

As we (Scarlet) started to cut up the frog Zach started to talk to me. "I feel like I haven't met you." he said.

"Yea because you haven't." I scoffed. I knew that being rude was bad but well he hurt my best friend.

"Well I'm Zach, if you need any help then just ask me." Was he flirting with me?

"I think I need help to find how many fucks I give, mind finding that for me?" I asked politely batting my eyelashes, I watched as his face turned into scowl. I heard Scarlet stifling her laugh. I politely smiled at him and started to help Scarlet even if it was gross.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok I'll see you guys on Wednesday." Bethany screeched. I chugged water down my throat and started to pack my bag.

"Why were you talking to Zach in Biology." I suddenly hear Bethany shreike in my ear.

"Because humans talk Beth." I scoffed.

"Well back off he's mine." she scolded at me. I just ignored her. As Scarlet and I were about to open the gymnasium door and leave the door burst open and we were practically pushed backwards by jocks. They were sweaty and looked disgusting.

"We have an announcement." one of them boomed. "We have our first game next week so to bring the school spirit couch wants you guys to have the school colours on your face." he said.

I thought it was explanatory that cheerleaders did that. Whatever as I tried to leave the second time a voice stopped me. "Hey Kat." I turned around to face Zach.

"What do you want?" I asked impatiently, all I wanted to do was go home. Was it really that hard?

"We're having a party after the game, wanna come with me?" he asked. I looked at him in disgust.

"No thanks." I said ready to walk off again. He turned me around by my shoulder.

"Why not?" he asked.

How was I going to explain to him that he was a douchebag who probably wanted to be the first one to fuck the new girl. "Because you're a douchebag and you cheated on my best friend and you're not worth it and-" I was cut off by a loud voice which I knew way too well.

"I got her to dye her hair mate just so you can recognise her." his voice echoed throughout the gym and everyone went silent.

"I would recognise her even if she didn't look like her old self." a male said.

"I know I just wanted to piss her off." James laughed. The doors were literally thrown open revealing him and a shirtless male with a tattoo across his chest. He roamed his eyes around the room before landing on mine. "Surpriseee." James sang.

"Oh my god, Luke!" I yelled. I ran towards him and literally jumped on him embracing him into a hug. "What are you doing here?" I ask as I get back down from him.

"Did James not tell you, he's my soon to be step-bro." he laughed high-fiving James.

"What's going on?" Zach asked, "who are you?"

"Fuck off Zach." I said. I grabbed my bag and Scarlet's hand and pulled her away and out the door, but before I did I said behind my back, "I'm coming to that party."

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Have a great day.

-Cath xx