Prologue....oh wait, not actually

My hair's a mess with millions of curlers stuck to it, my makeup is totally falling apart with mascara all over my face and I'm not yet in my gown. The event is gonna be a total disaster. Lily arrives just then, carrying a load of makeup brushes (read, tools of torture) and dumps them on the vanity table. "Leeeeslie! I need your ass here!",she screeched in an exaggerated falsetto tone. Les roles her eyes and plops herself down on the ground next to me. " What is it twerps? You do realize I need to be there over at the scriptwriter's table?", she mutters. Leslie always mutters. And Lily always pretends like she can't hear. "Do Brit's nails", she orders and chucks a bottle of Rose Red Lamascu Nail Finish. Leslie stares at it dumbfounded. " You can't expect me to do her nails! I don't apply nail polish myself! Do I look like I do to you?", Leslie asks. " Coat just one layer. I'll do the second. And BTW, how are you gonna perform the play if the heroine isn't there ",Lily purrs. It sinks in. Leslie nods and starts applying the finish. All while I was facing critical heart break.

***************

I think I need to start things by explaining them first. The one getting makeup done, yep, that's me. But let me tell you one thing.
I'm not a girl.

Yup. You read it right. I am not a girl.

My name is Zach Donahey but you won't know me by this name.

It all began last summer......

******

I'm ran, covered in sweat and goo. Reflecting on all that happened back then, I understand finally that I was just overreacting and dad would understand. But at that moment, all I thought of was an escape hatch. I really needed to get out of town before dad comes back, otherwise I was screwed. The latest I could leave home was that Friday and as soon as I entered my home, I ran to mom. She didn't let me near her though. She's all sugar and spice and all things nice, and wants the world to be that way. Obviously, I don't fit in her world." Zach darling, where have you been? Ugh, is that...sweat? Go take a bath!", she ordered.Arguing with her was impossible. So I went and returned sparkly clean (or rather, kinda clean). I tried to catch her attention while she was talking on the phone with some aunt.
"Mom, I wanna talk . Can we..."

"Not now, darling. I'm busy."

"Mom,it's kinda important..."

"This is, too! Your cousin Amanda is leaving for boarding school and I'm advising aunty Gwen on the newest fashions... She is so behind the times..."

Wait, boarding school? That was actually a great idea! I could join too, and I wouldn't have to face dad for a few months!

"Yeah mom, that's the thing! I wanna join boarding school with Mandy. Is that okay with you?"

My mother's eyes grew wide.

"Darling, really? Are you sure? I would miss my baby boy soooo much!"

Not really. I nodded.

"Fine then. I'll inform your aunt that you too wanna join. We have so much to pack then!"

I ran off, hearing her mention to my aunt 'Mandy's cousin wants to join her too! They're gonna have so much fun together...."

Little did I know how much fun...

*******

My sister Brittany helped me pack for school. She's kinda like my mom, you see, actually caring about me and helping me out. I was supposed to buy my uniform at school but I packed the usual casual stuff: tees, boxers, shoes. I didn't have much time so I couldn't pack a lot. I wasn't really ready for boarding school yet and that last night, I started to think about bullies. I had a skinny frame and puberty hadn't particularly made it's mark on me yet. I went to sleep dreaming about an empty dorm.....