Chapter 12

Desires he admitted he’d never had before me, ones I brought out of him, and at first it scared him. That’s why he’d been holding back. He didn’t want to scare me, because losing me was something he could never bear. My heart melted at that. He’s spent the last month showing me every piece of him while I’ve been showing him I’m never going anywhere. Ever.

I’m worried to tell him the news I found out this morning. Normally if he got a call to go into work on a Saturday I’d go with him. Today I faked being sleepy. What I really wanted to do was take the pregnancy test I had hidden under the sink. I wanted to be sure before I gave him the news.

I knew he would be excited about the pregnancy. It wasn’t that. He wants a big family and so do I. Plus, with the way my King likes to mark my body and show everyone I belong to him, I’m guessing a big baby belly and a kid hanging from one of my legs is on his list of ways to mark me as claimed. I was worried that he’d go back to only sweet, soft King. I couldn’t bear having only a part of who he really is after having had all of him. It would break my heart.

King sits me down on the bathroom sink and pulls off my tiny pink dress. It’s one I’m only allowed to wear in the house. He tosses it to the floor and I run my hands up under his shirt, dragging my fingers along his chest hair. His body stiffens under my touch.

I look up at him. His eyes aren’t on me as his breath picks up.

“King?” I ask, wondering what’s wrong. His deep blue eyes come back to mine. His mouth parts, but no words come out. He shuts his eyes for a moment as if he’s pained.

“Honey? Tell me what’s wrong.” I rub my hands up and down his body, hating that he still has his shirt on. I want to be able to comfort him better, and my touch does that for him.

“Did I ever tell you that you’re my whole world? You mean everything to me,” he says, opening his eyes. His words are deep and filled with emotion. I smile at him.

“Every day,” I say instantly. Because he does. My husband is always giving me sweet words. He might look like a gruff caveman at times, but he isn’t shy about telling me how much he loves and needs me.

“I’ll never be able to give you what you give me. I don’t know what I did in life to get something as precious and giving as you.”

“King.” My eyes start to water. “I could never want more than what I have with you. You’re precious to me, too.”

“Not like you.” His hand comes to my stomach and my heart skips a beat. He knows. He must have seen the test. Crap. I left it on the shelf in here after I took it, planning to tell him right when he got home today. “Every day you’re giving me something else. Filling something in me I didn’t know was empty.”

I lean in and kiss the place over his heart, knowing he’s talking about his family. While growing up, he thought his family was normal, but they were cold and distant. Everything was about work and nothing more. No one spoke of feelings or showed them. I ripped that to shreds for him when he pulled me into his life and claimed me. I claimed him right back.

“It’s not just you, King,” I remind him. “I didn’t know what passion was before you. Didn’t know what was underneath my shyness. You brought me out. Woke me up. Gave me more than I could have ever dreamed of. You made a queen out of me.”

He drops his forehead down to mine.

“Say it, Mina. I want to hear it.”

“I love you, King, and I’m going to have your baby.”

I barely finish the words and his mouth is on mine. He takes control of my body, lifting me from the counter. Lost in his deep kiss, I don’t realize he’s moved us into the shower until warm water start to rain over me.

My eyes flutter open as he pins me to the shower wall. He’s still fully dressed as he licks and sucks at my neck. I gasp when he pushes his cock into me in one full thrust. I didn’t even feel him free himself.

“This is going to be rough and fast. I need you,” he growls against my skin as he pounds into me with rough dominance.

“King.” I dig my nails into him as he owns my body and takes what he wants.