⭒❃.✮:▹ rich girl ◃:✮.❃⭒

A loud knock echos through my apartment and I sit up from where I was previously laid on my bed, I haven't ordered a takeaway or got anything delivered recently, so it can't be either of them, I walk downstairs and open the door curious as to who it could be.

Sarah Cameron stands staring at me, I stare back tears threatening to spill from my eyes, I don't even pay attention to the boy with her as I pull her into a massive hug, "oh god, I thought you were dead" I mumble into her hair as I clutch onto her desperately she laughs weakly as I cry onto her shoulder, I pull away from the hug and usher her and her friend into the house.

I check both ways down the street before I shut the door just to make sure no one was staring, they're quite nosy round this neighbourhood, I spin round and pull Sarah into another hug, she laughs again at the excitement, "is there anyone you need to call, your mums still at your house here, we can go see her" I mutter my words slightly mixing together as I do, excitement is catching up to me, "NO- I mean no, let's not go to my house" Sarah responds looking at the boy stood next to her anxiously who just just grits his teeth.

"All your dads murder charges have been dropped, you don't have to worry" I say before grabbing the bags that they're both holding, just some cheap carrier bags filled with clothes and some other stuff by the looks of it, nothing too much, I put them on the table and guide them to sit on the sofa "what do you mean all charges have been dropped?" The boy asks and I look over to him, "I'm not too sure exactly but a week into the investigation, Ward and the cops came on tv to tell people that there wasn't enough evidence" I respond and Sarah clenches her jaw and tilts her head to the side slightly.

The boy looks like he's on the verge of crying "so he got away with it" he mutters under his breath and Sarah grabs his arm comfortingly "John B I'm so sorry" she tells him sympathetically and I just watch the exchange occur, then something clicks, John, there was a John who killed a police officer, he died, my eyes widen and I quickly excuse my self to the kitchen.

I grab a knife of the stand and hold it behind my back waiting a few minutes before I walk back into the living room, I sneak up next to John and grab his hair, pulling his head back and pushing the knife to his throat, Sarah jumps back in shock whilst John starts yelling, "wait Layla what are you doing?!" Sarah yells to me holding her hands out in front of her as if I would attack her.

I look at her incredulously "what do you mean what am I doing, he's killed someone Sarah" I yell back, she's acting stupid, she must know the guys a murderer she lived on that island, with the same cop he killed, "woah please, wait a minute, I can tell you that didn't happen" he cry's out, he nervously shifts under my grip, making me tighten the hold on his hair, I move the knife closer to his neck so that if he talks he cuts his own throat "don't you think every murderer says that" I respond to him and I can feel him tremble slightly, "look I promise you he didn't kill anyone, put the knife down and we can talk about it" Sarah says gently slowly creeping towards me, "no, we talk about it now where I know he can't kill me unless he kills himself first" I mutter back gripping the knife tighter.

Sarah gulps loudly before stopping where she is "ok, ok we'll talk about it now" she responds looking between me and John, I think his last name is booker routledge or something but I didn't pay too much attention to the news article, I was waiting for the one about Sarah.

"It wasn't John B ok" she responds cautiously and I roll my eyes, "you've said that he's said that, the more you say it doesn't mean I'll believe you more" I respond and Sarah coughs quietly, "yeah but I promise you it wasn't John B" I scoff and roll my eyes "okay who was it then, go on give me a name" she clenches her jaw anxiously and looks over to me, "it was Rafe" she mutters quietly and my grip on the knife loosens, "no, no your lying" I tell her laughing slightly regaining my tight grip on the knife, she shakes her head sadly, looking me dead in the eyes.