CHAPTER ONE

======
        What the heck is that bright light reflecting on my eyes? I groaned as I raised my head up from my comfy pillow to use the source of the light. Ohh!! Did I leave the curtains up again?? I groaned again as I stood up to close the curtains.

               Mimi!!! Wake up,you have a photo shoot 2:00 this afternoon and you have to start dressing up,  my Momma yelled downstairs

           Ohh!! Why do I have to be separated from my bed, I groaned again for the third time this morning as I stood up, I checked my bedside clock and realized it us already 11:00 in the morning.

            Shit Sherlock!! I exclaimed as I ran into the bathroom to get ready.

            Before I forget, my name is Afsheen Khalil Ahban. I am the model for Deen fashion and assesories, I have an elder brother who is currently abroad.

             After bathing I went in front of my vanity to get ready. As I sat in front of the stool, I studied my reflection, starting from my brown skin to my round big eyes then to my oval shaped face. I am not that cliche girl that has a long hair but all I can say is that the length of it is reasonable and enough for me not to be ashamed. I am a tall girl and slim but not Soo much to be categorised as skinny.

            I finished moisturizing my body then went to my wardrobe to pick an outfit. I settled for a simple gown, since I would still change it when I get to work.

         I sauntered down the stairs to meet momma already in the living room.

      Good afternoon momma, I said as I picked her cheeks before settling for my late breakfast.

       What's for my breakfast mum? I asked settling down in the dinning room.

           You would know if you had the decency to come downstairs to make breakfast, she said not taking her eyes off the TV.

          Momma, come on don't be like that you know I help you in the kitchen it's just this few days that I get Soo stressed and tired easily, I whined as I bit into the mixed berry french toast she made.

      Oh yes!! when you get married, tell your husband you are too tired to cook for him or even wake up early to take care of your kids, she said unpleased

           Mom!!!! Am not married yet, not even planning to anytime soon, I said with my mouthful.

       In which house are you going to stay, you are not getting any younger for heaven's sake you are 22. If you are not planning to get married anytime soon, when are you going to?? She said glaring at me

        There goes my mum again. She is always on my case to get married, she loves me and all but this issue of marriage makes us disagree a lot.

           Hanifa, let this girl be, let her get married when she is ready, I heard my dad say behind me

         Dad!!! When did you get back? I squealed excitedly

         I came back late last night, you were already asleep, he said smiling down at me

           Ohh!! So you guys are going to ignore me right!!! No problem, but if they bring your daughter back to you for not being able to cook, you will value my rantings, she said sitting with a huff

        Now you are getting me wrong, all I am saying is that you shouldn't pester her much to get married Soo she won't bring home the wrong man, but I am not saying you shouldn't make her do house chores and cook, he explained to my mom

       Dad!!! I exclaimed looking at him with disbelieve.

           What?? I am not going to support you being spoilt,he said with finality going to sit beside Momma.