Chapter 1

Vera's POV

"Hello, Hello!" I called out as I stepped into my office, closing the door behind me.

"Hey girl." Called out Jasmine, my best friend. She was rather chipper this morning for having to have been out drinking with me last night. But so was I. Who was I to judge? Then again, who the hell goes out and gets drunk on a Sunday night? Oh right, us. So what, sue me for all I care.

I simply gave her a smile as I sat down at my desk. I had a lot of work to catch up on, and I wanted to start as soon as possible. I hadn't bothered to greet any of the employees in my lobby. It was New Music Monday and everyone was scrambling to leave their reviews so they'd be turned in on time to be featured. If I chose to pick theirs, that is. So it's not like my presence would've been highly regarded at the moment, anyhow. I was fine with that. That means I can come in and get straight to work.

"So," Jasmine started as she walked over and sat on my desk. "How was that tall hunk of a man you bagged last night?" She asked, her signature smirk stretched across her features.

I sighed as I held the bridge of my nose. "Girl, he was a whiner."

"Oh no." She gasped, before laughing loudly. "Not a whiner, honey."

"Yes, he came first and had to take a break to 'recover' before he could finish me off. So I just got up and left." I admitted, distracting myself with the pile of paperwork on my desk.

"No orgasm?"

"No orgasm."

"Poor baby," Jasmine cooed, running her hand over my head. "Must've been a scrub or something."

"I'm really hoping so. I wouldn't wish that on any woman at all. He even pleaded to 'hook up' again some other time. Naturally, I said no."

"Yikes. I won't ever bring that up, EVER again."

"Thanks Jas, I'd appreciate it if you didn't."

Jasmine walked back over to her desk to pick something up. As I was looking through files, I heard her heels clacking back over to me before she dropped something on my desk. I looked at it and picked it up so I could study it further.

"Music to be Murdered By." I read aloud. "Eminem's new album?" I asked, my brows raised. He must've dropped this out of nowhere. I wasn't even aware he was making music so soon after his last release. Doesn't look like he plans to stop anytime soon though.

"Have you heard that?" She asked me. "Shit is fire, the old man's still got it in him, it seems."

I flipped it over to look at the track list. "I'm assuming you want me to listen to this and review it?"

"Yeah, because if I do, the review is gonna be biased. Not only is he talented, he's fine as hell too for his age." She giggled.

"How old is he?" I asked curiously.

"Forty-seven."

I'm pretty sure my brows high-fived my hairline at this point. He didn't seem that old to me. However, he was pushing thirty when he debuted. And the nineties was twenty to thirty some odd years ago. I had to agree with Jasmine though, he did age pretty well under his special set of circumstances.