Chapter 2

I just added a pic in the mm so you guys could get a better idea of what "Vera" looks like. Anyway, on to the story. Enjoy!

Vera's POV

It was only about 12 o'clock on Thursday afternoon and I had already run out of fingers to count the amount of times I'd been interrupted today. Poor Jasmine was trying her best to assist everyone the best she could without disturbing me, but of course it didn't work too well in her favor.

It all started this morning when I'd been bombarded at the entryway of my lobby. I had no idea what was going on and why everyone was so excited to see me. And then of course I'd remembered my review from the other day. Assuming it was because of that, I'd thank everyone that congratulated me. I wasn't too sure what it was in reference to, as this was something we'd done every other week.

I didn't learn until just about an hour ago that Paul Rosenberg, who I had learned was Eminem's manager, had tweeted about my review and thanked me for my oh-so articulate opinion. It seems like that guy has nothing but time on his hands. What kind of manager could sit still enough to not only, read a magazine, but then be able to tweet about it? Anyway, the day was super crazy and I couldn't wait to peel myself from this office. I was in need of a rather generous glass of wine to relieve the anxiety stemming from all of the stimulation my brain suffered today, courtesy of other human beings currently scattering like roaches around my building.

Don't get me wrong, I am an absolute people person, but I could only handle so many at one time. And let's just say that today was a bit much for me. I wanted nothing more than to plop my ass on my bed and attempt to watch as many videos off of my "watch later" list from YouTube as possible before I eventually crashed for the night. Ah, what a night that'd be. But for the next few hours, I was gonna be stuck. So despite all the madness going on here, I was gonna continue to get things done. I absolutely hated having to come in the next day to finish work from the day before. My productive people will understand.

Jasmine came and perched on her usual spot at the edge of my desk. When I didn't look up at her, she took the pen I was currently holding and cleared her throat. I raised my head and was immediately met with her bland expression.

"Can I help you?" I questioned her.

"You can help yourself by taking a break and joining me for lunch." She retorted.

"I can take a break in a little bit."

"When's the last time you ate?"

When I didn't answer her question right away, she shook her head at me, giving me a disapproving stare. She stood up, grabbing my purse before showing it in my hands.

"Come on V, lets get your narrow ass some food. My treat."

I stood and groaned in defeat as she gave me a victorious smile. She did a little dance on the way to the door as I followed behind her. She was right, I hadn't eaten in a while and I'd be starving by the end of the night if I didn't at least stop for lunch. I had a bad habit of that, I'd be so focused on working on something that I'd push myself hard in fear of not getting something done. There was nothing I hated more than being lazy. Sometimes I was just a bit extreme about it, and if you didn't call me out on it, I'd never notice. That's why I was so grateful for Jasmine, at times she was annoying but overall, I knew she always had my back. Even though she nagged me all the time, I knew it was out of love. And I appreciated having her in my corner.