8. Guessing [Jane]

All of the happiness and strength I felt to carry on had been drown. I didn't know how it happened. Facts spoke by themselves. And there I was, standing in a ceremony that was supposed to be my husband's funeral, when he could actually have been taken prisoner by the enemies, or lost, or agonizing to death.

I wasn't hearing to what the man in front was saying, I was shocked by what I was passing through, submerged in my thoughts trying to understand this new reality.

- Excuse me miss, is this sit taken? - said a man who was totally dressed in black with a hat that barely let his sight reach people, pointing at the last chair available closest to back area, where I was sitting. He was acting as if he was trying to slip away from something.

- No mister - I answered.

- Such hard times having to be in here, while not knowing if they're still alive. - said the mysterious man.

- Of course. - I said trying to cut out the conversation that the unknown man tried to keep on going. I think he noticed that, since he then introduced himself.

- Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Cain by the way - Said the mysterious man trying to change the fact that he was acting in a strange way.

- I'm Jane - I said not knowing what to say any longer.

- My brother was such a good person, and now I don't know if he even remembered me when he was regarded as dead. - said Cain

- I'm sorry.

- You shouldn't be sorry, those are things that simply happen in life and there's nothing one can do about it. - said Cain, adding then - What about you?

- My husband went missing too. - I didn't feel like continuing this conversation, since I perceived he had a distorted way of seeing reality, so I just looked at the man in the front who was still speaking.

He didn't say a word after that. After the ceremony, I was walking back to the flower shop, when he catch up with me and invited me a coffee. Although I wanted to say no, I agreed. I really needed to talk to someone who could understand my baffling feelings, since Karen didn't, because her husband's body had actually been found dead months ago.