12. Until I find you [Jane]

I unfolded the paper. It was the exact location of the military camp. For once I was thankful John was a reckless person who didn't give a damn about rules, which specifically said it was forbidden to write down or share the location or the Polish war camps. I decided it was no longer safe to stay after what happened yesterday with Cain. 

It was 5:00a.m., and I knocked into Karen's door, who lived next to me. She was really scared, but she opened her door and let me in. I told her everything that had happened, as well as that I was going to look for John. She told me these were no hours for a woman to be walking alone in the street, and explained me she had twin nephews who were 15 years old, and would love to go with me to look for their father and one of their uncles. They lived right at the end of the street, not very far... It was definitely my lucky day.

When we arrived to Karen nephews' house I introduced myself and explained them my idea of going to look for John and their relatives, they totally agreed. They left a note to their mother, changed their clothes and packed their things. Mark and Drew came down in less than 5 minutes. It was funny I had the same jeans as them, since I was wearing a pair of John's jeans for hard work, but at that moment it was the last thing I cared about. We then left to the train station and took the earliest train we could to Zabno.