[22] ALL I NEED IS YOU

"This is ridiculous—" Nori begins while Dustin and Lucas crouch behind a car, keeping their eye on the arcade. "Shut it, Tiny." Dustin says.

She rolls her eyes. "Still no sign?" Dustin asks, turning to Lucas. "Jack shit." He states. "Oh! Damn it. My mom's gonna murder me." Dustin sighs, looking down at his watch.

"So go home. I'll radio you if she comes." Lucas offers. "Oh, yeah, nice try. You just want me out of here so you can make your move." Dustin realizes.

"Oh, 'cause you're such a threat " Lucas says sarcastically. "That's right. I bet Tiny would date me if she weren't already dreaming about Mike." Dustin nudges the girl beside him.

"If you still had your hat right now, I would take it straight off of your head." She glares at him. "Try to prove me wrong, Tiny. I dare you." He crosses his arms.

"I— Alright, Im going home." She shakes her head, standing up and grabbing her backpack. "You didn't deny it, Eleanor! You hear me?" Dustin calls out.

"Don't call me that, Henderson!" She turns around, flipping him off, then riding away on her bike.

***

Nori stands in the mirror, looking down at magazines, specifically the models. Quickly transforming into one, she checks herself in the mirror, then sighs, running her hand over her slim waist. If only this was permanent.

She glances at the necklace strung around her neck, then takes it off, holding it in her hands while she transforms back into her regular body.

It's still there, lying in her hand. Fascinated, she sets the necklace down, then flips to another page. She likes the shirt. It's a fur-like pink shirt that has sleeves goes down to her elbow.

Right before she takes the shirt off, she gets a knock on her door. Forgetting that she was still in another body, she walks to the door, throwing it open.

"What?" She asks. "Uhm.." Steve backs away, slightly, not recognizing the girl. She looks down at herself, then sighs. "Sorry." She transforms back.

"Ellie, how many times have I told you not to do that in the house? It freaks me out." He comments. "It's actually amazing what this can do. I can get stuff from magazines just by turning into the person and taking it off." She says in amazement.

"You're saying you can basically steal things without stealing?" Steve asks. "If that's how you wanna put it... but it's not stealing." She denies.

"Well, alright. I'm gonna go pick up Nancy to have dinner at Barb's house. I was wondering if you wanted me to drop you off at the Wheelers' for a bit so you won't be home alone." He offers.

"Yeah, sure." She nods.

***

While Mike looks through his old toys for the yard sale, Nori lies back on the couch. Mike reaches for Rory the dinosaur, pressing down on it to make the toy screech.

He sighs, remembering when he had shown it to Eleven. "You're not getting rid of Rory, right?" Nori asks, sitting up. "No. Why?" He turns to look at her.

"Mike, come on. Rory's iconic. If you were gonna give it away I would've taken it myself so it could stay safe." She responds. Mike smiles.

When he reaches once again for another toy, he picks up the Star Wars ship that Dustin had desperately asked Eleven to make fly.

He glances over at Eleven's corner, then back at Nori. "I miss her too, Mike." Nori sighs, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Mike leans his head onto hers, intertwining their fingers. Suddenly, ruining the moment, Dustin cuts in.

"Mike?" He asks through the walkie talkie. Nori sighs, standing up and answering it. "Hey, Dustin. It's Nori but Mike's here." She responds, turning back to look at the boy.

"I've been trying to reach you all day. We were right. Max is Mad Max." Dustin states, not surprised that Nori was answering for Mike. It had become quite normal lately.

"Yeah, we're busy." Mike cuts in, taking the walkie talkie from Nori, then pushing the antenna down.

"What don't you like about Max anyways?" Nori asks, lying down on the couch once more. "I don't know. I just don't think we need another party member right now. We have enough as is." Mike shakes his head, lifting her head from the couch, taking a seat, and placing her head back down onto his lap.

"I think a new party member is exactly what we need. You know, so we don't stay all sad over El." Nori comments, looking up at him.

"I'm not giving up on Eleven. You said it yourself that you don't think she's dead." Mike refuses. "Yeah, And I don't. I just.. I don't know. Forget it." She sighs.

"All I need is you, Nori." Mike smiles. "And Dustin, and Lucas, and Will." She reminds, chuckling. "Yeah, them too, I guess." He shrugs.

Nori sits up from his lap, lightly nudging him. "You guess?" She rolls her eyes. "Okay, Fine. I know. You happy?" He asks, emphasizing his sentence.

"Yup." She grins, wrapping an arm around the boy's shoulder.

authors note

Sorry for the short chapter :(