[36] BURNING

"Hey, you sure you're alright?" Mike asks worriedly as they sit in Billy's car, Nori holding a tissue up to her nose. "Mike, I'm fine. This is the third time you've asked me that. My answer isn't gonna change." She chuckles.

"I'm just— I'm worried." He sighs. "Nancy?" Steve suddenly speaks up, grabbing their attention. Mike and Nori turn to the boy.

He groans, reaching for his eyes. "No, don't touch it." Dustin says, pulling his hand away. "Hey, buddy.." he smiles, then shushes him.

"It's okay. You put up a good fight. Tiny totally kicked his ass for you, but you put up a good fight. You're okay." Dustin comforts.

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas instructs, looking down at the map.

"What's going on?" Steve asks, noticing Max in the driver's seat. "Oh, my god." He begins to panic. "Steve, relax. She's driven before." Dustin says calmly.

"Yeah, in a parking lot." Mike argues. "Mike, you're not helping." Nori says. "That counts." Lucas yells.

"Oh, my god." Steve repeats. "They were gonna leave you behind." Dustin comments. Suddenly, Max begins to speed. Steve yells out.

"I told you he'd freak out!" Mike shouts. "Everybody shut up! I'm trying to focus!" Max screams. "Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai. Make a left." Lucas panics.

"What?" She asks. "Make a left." He repeats. She quickly turns, causing everyone to scream. Nori and Mike bang heads, causing the both of them to groan.

"Mike, you okay?" She asks, rubbing her head. "Yeah." He sighs. Max comes to an abrupt stop, finally allowing everyone to calm down.

"I told you. Zoomer." Max says, stepping out of the car, followed by the others. Steve steps out as well, falling down while Mike helps Nori out.

They all put on goggles and bandanas to cover their noses and mouths. Mike takes the gasoline and matches, beginning to head off. "Hey, where do you think you're going? Ellie!" Steve shouts.

"What are you, deaf? Hello?" He raises his voice. "We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear!"

"Hey, there's no chance we're going to that hole, alright?" They continue to ignore him. "This ends right now!" He screams.

"Steve, you're upset. I get it." Dustin yells back. "But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance." He says as the others pile into the tunnels.

"..and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you promised Nance that you would keep us safe. So keep us safe." He hands him the bat.

Steve sighs, taking it and following them inside. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way." Mike says, looks down at the map.

"You're pretty sure, or you're certain?" Nori asks. "I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know." He responds, taking Nori's hand and pulling her beside him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so. For one, Ellie's not gonna be in front, and neither are you. Any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit?" Steve says, pulling their hands apart and stepping in between them.