Chapter 7

Connor's POV

I opened my eyes and we were at Kamski's place. Hank and (y/n) were outside. Hank was in a phone call and (y/n) stood by him intently listening to the conversation.

I moved the passenger seat up and exited Hank's car. I approached the two and Hank got off the phone. "Is everything all right, lieutenant?" I asked.

Hank and (y/n) turned to me and glanced at each other before Hank answered. "Chris was on patrol last night...he was attacked by a bunch of deviants. He said he was saved by Markus himself."

"Is Chris okay?" I asked. "Yeah, He's in shock but...he's alive." Hank nodded and looked away.
(Y/n) just stared at the building seeming lost in thought.

Hank nudged her shoulder and they both started walking to the building. Kamski's house. I followed behind a few feet. "I have a bad feeling about this. We shouldn't have come here..."I said wearily.

"Bad feeling huh? You should get your program checked. Might be a glitch." Hank replied. I quietly sighed and noticed (y/n)'s anxiety spike up when Hank rang the doorbell.

I stood by her and brushed my hand against hers, gaining her attention. "Are you alright?" I asked with true concern. She drew in a breath and nodded slowly.

"Yeah...just a little nervous." She shot me a nervous smile. The door opened up to reveal an android that wore a deep blue dress with blonde hair.

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt more nervous when that familiar face appeared. "Chloe!" I smiled. Chloe turned to me and smile back. "(Y/n)! I haven't seen you for 9 years. How are you?"

"I'm fine, what about you?" I asked back. "Oh, I'm alright. What brings you here?" Chloe tilted her head in the slightest. I looked at Hank and Connor. "We're here to see Elijah." I simply said. "Hi, I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson. " Hank nodded at Chloe.

"Nice to meet you lieutenant. Please Come in." Chloe held the door open and motioned for us to walk in. We entered the modern foyer and was met with classical type music playing.

Chloe closed the door and stood in front of us. "I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please make yourselves comfortable." Chloe walked off to a door to the right across from the front door and disappeared behind it.

Hank sat down in a chair near the wall and I looked at the other chair that was beside him. I looked at Connor then back at the chair, then back at Connor. "You can have the seat if you want." I smiled at him.

"That's okay. You have the chair. I'm going to look around a bit." He flashed me a cute crooked smile before wandering around the small foyer, analyzing pictures and stuff. I sat down beside Hank and sighed.

"Nice girl." Hank commented on Chloe. "You're right. She's really pretty..." Connor said from a little ways. I'm not sure why but I felt weird when he said that. Yes she was really pretty but I didn't like hearing that from Connor. "How do you know that android?" Hank asked me. I looked at him. "Oh, I used to kinda hang around her when I was younger. Same with Elijah. Since my dad used to work with him." Hank slowly nodded.

"Nice place. Guess androids aren't a bad thing for everybody." Hank said, looking around. I stared at the picture of Elijah and wondered if he still looked how he did in it. I'm about to find out I guess.

"You're about to meet your maker, Connor. How's it feel?" Questioned Hank. "Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21 century. It'll be interesting to meet him in person." Connor answered.

"Sometimes I wish I could meet my creator face to face...I'd have a couple of things I'd wanna tell him." Hank looked down and I glanced at him. Yup I know how that is.