IV

My feet were numb as I walked to the locker room. As I neared I could hear the usual hoots and laughter. This was the time of day when I would share the locker room with the ice hockey boys as I changed from my session and they changed for theirs. 

As I pushed the door open the hoots died down for a moment before they built up again and I walked through them and towards the showers. 

The water hit my face as I arched my neck backwards to let the heat melt away the ache in my muscles. The hockey boys were discussing something but I paid no mind until I heard Viv's name. 

"She's cute though." I think Elijah was the one speaking. He was Leo's right hand man. 

"She's so tiny. I mean if you're into that though. Penny is more my type." I scrunched up my nose. I didn't want to hear them thirsting over my best friend and Penelope. 

"She is kinda crazy though." A boy laughed as I walked in from my shower clad in a towel. 

I death glared Tommy, the one who had said it, as I made my way to my locker that of course was in the centre isle where they were all accumulated half dressed. I tried not to let my eyes linger on Leo. Who wouldn't though. He was sculpted like a greek God. 

"Oh sorry Olly. I know she's your friend."

"As long as you meant crazy in a good way." I hummed. Even I could admit that she had fire. The second anyone spoke ill of her though I would have pounced. 

They all started mumbling about something else before Trevor started his antics.

"Oi, Olivia. How was practice. We saw you gasping for breath as we all walked in."

"Oh so original Trevor." I stated in reference to his name calling. 

"Oh come on Olivia," He laughed and punched a boy on his side in mock laughter, "I'll call you Oliver when you are fit enough. You wouldn't last a minute on the hockey rink."

I was about to reply when Leo jumped in.

"I'd like to see you do 15 triple axles in a row Trevor." He hummed as he pulled on his jersey.

"I bet I could." 

"I bet you couldn't."

The conversation was over and the boys left the room after an awkward silence and an uproar of harmless banter out the door. 

"You don't have to protect me you know."

"I know." He winked before he sauntered out the door backwards, stumbling a little when he hit the door and then whacking a gut-wrenching smile upon his face as he clambered out the door and towards the ice. 

I stood dazed for a moment before grabbing my clothes and changing hastily. 

Viv sat in the very centre of the bleachers as she eyed off one of the jersey clad boys. Before she noticed my presence I jumped over the chair beside her from behind causing her to jump and tear her eyes away.

"Jesus christ you little shi..."

"So who you looking at?" I piped casually.

"No one."

"Liar."

"Elijah."

My lips turned up in a grin as I recalled the locker room conversation. 

"Go for it."

"Nah. He'd never like me." She slowly turned her head my way and winked, "He looks like he's damn good with his hands the way he's holding that stick though."