" 10 "

Yuri was a promising young woman ever since she learned how to walk. She was bright and beautiful in every aspect. She always wore a smile that made the flowers bloom in every person who saw her and a heart that was as big and limitless as the horizon. Her parents loved her and were always proud of her. Everywhere she goes, she brings joy and light like a lamp that shone in the dark. The people around her adored her and envied her parents for having her. She was outgoing and had many friends. She rarely had enemies even though there were people who disliked her, taken over by selfishness and greed.

On the day she turned 18, she and her family went to pray at the church to thank Him for another day and another year. Yuri has always been closely connected to God. She would pray when she's happy, pray when she's sad, pray when she's lonely, pray when others have forgotten. To her, a prayer was like a conversation even though she never heard His voice, she felt His presence everywhere.

On a winter day, she and her friends decided to go climb up a mountain. The snow just started falling and they wanted to see the mountain in a layer of white blanket but on the way there, they were faced with an accident. An avalanche occurred and killed all her friends. She barely escaped in a cave, but now she was stuck inside with no way out because the snow has thickened and blocked the only exit. She did the only thing she knew, pray.

She was losing hope of being heard until she was finally answered after 7 days but it was a different God. He didn't offer her salvation nor did He give her a miracle. She talked to him when she had no strength as the life in her was about to leave her body.

Why do you wish to live?

"Because the world is a beautiful place to live in.." She weakly smiled, lying on the cold floor of the cave.

Maybe the world you see before you is different than the world I see. He laughed at her reply. Humans are greedy and selfish. They kill each other over trivial matters. Why do you want to live with such beings?

"There is no good if there is no evil. It's the same with light and darkness." She spoke, "I was taught that all humans are born with sin and it's in our nature to be evil but I believe that it's still a matter of choice. Everyone has a choice to be good or evil. Not all humans are selfish and filled with greed. Just like you, you're a demon but I don't think you are truly evil. It's your nature. If only everyone could learn to understand each other, we can all live in a peaceful world."

You are foolish. He said, looking down on her but she smiled at him. Humans and demons cannot co exist. I was abandoned by your God and was exiled because he cannot understand the dream I have. He loves his children so much that He is blinded by them. There's no use in nurturing a tree that has rotten roots, it must be cut down and that is what I will do.

"I'm sure we can find a common ground." She said while shivering. She was so close to death, even Satan is waiting to take her. "I won't be able to do that in this life though. Maybe in my next one."

He felt pity towards her. For the first time, he didn't feel any hatred towards a human. Do you still wish to live?

Her eyes opened and sought his face, she became the only human that has seen the fallen angel's true form. He knelt beside her head and  placed his hand on her womb. He gave her life in the form of another. You are going to live but you are going to suffer. This child is from my flesh. You will give birth to him and nurture him. One day, he might be the key to achieve the world that we both dream of.

 One day, he might be the key to achieve the world that we both dream of