Chapter 4

"Over there, come on!" The two Ryans traveled downwards into the targeted area, moving at a fast pace.

"How are we going to get in there? They'll have the place covered-"

"I already took out the ones who were in the way. Their bodies will be buried by tomorrow morning." The clone informed.

"Are you insane?!" Ryan's voice elevated.

"A little, but that's just part of human nature," the twin replied nonchalantly and Ryan gave him an incredulous stare, "relax alright? They're not dead, just unconscious."

The two turned towards the left, but the actual technopath stopped in his tracks to what he saw down the other path. A huge, silver door illuminated its power from the dead end. His eyes grew in awe and wonder, a smile stretching across the face, "is this it?!"

The duplicate raced back to take a look, but his Cheshire grin did not match his repsonse, "no," the two walked over to the entrance slowly in amazement, "but it's a better way in."

Ryan looked over at him, "what's in there?"

"Who knows what," his doppelganger retorts and returns the stare with a matching smile. He opens the door effortlessly and walks inside. Before joining him, the real Mech X4 pilot looks down at his mech link and sighs. He clicks on it to watch it glow one last time and then follows his clone into the room, immediately becoming sucked into wherever they were going.

********

"Screw it, we're following them, I can't take this anymore." Mackenzie impatiently declares, walking furiously to the center on the robot.

"Yes, we should just charge in there with no game plan and get ourselves killed, that makes complete sense." Mark sassily retorts, his feet up on the railing in a chair he took from Spyder's section on the machine.

Mackenzie glances up at him in annoyance before turning to the resident male genius, "Spyder where are they?"

"We're okay, battered and bruised, but alive." Harper answered the question as he offered to help Veracity stand.

She refused and stood up on her own, wiping off her pants, "I'm going to murder that boy."

"Ryan...and Ryan left, they're heading to find the sector." Seth warned.

"Not a problem, we're all over it, come meet us down here." Alyssa responded.

"Are you sure you weren't followed?" Mackenzie asked.

"Hold on," Alyssa stops her for a second to look around, "we're good, once we get inside, I'll make an entrance for you guys to come in. Be ready in five."

"You got it." Mark answered as his little cousin walked towards the center of the robot and Spyder returned to his place.

"Alright, lead the way." Harris said.

Alyssa carefully opened up the entrance with her abilites. The other side of the door revealed a sight that could rival any other. Harris was truly amazed, "wow." Alyssa walked in as if it was nothing and turned to him, "okay take the left, I'll go right and I'll let you know-"

"When we arrive and decide to break open that glass containment that will give me the power to do whatever the heck I want?" The two heroes looked up to find the set of twins sitting comfortably on both side of the vile in full on smug.

"How did you find this place?" Harris demanded.

"Sector forty eight wasn't covered properly, you should've locked every door you had," the duplicate told him. Alyssa silently muttered a, "damnit," knowing that the sector was the only one meant to be handled with as of recent.

"Oh well don't feel bad, you did us a favor. The orb helped us manipulate where we were headed so we would come here. Thanks for the help, we appreciate it." Ryan retorts, smiling.

"You can't use it if you can't control it-"

"Oho but I can, you see being a technopath is a foot through the door. Being a mutant grants multiple opportunities that guardians dream of having," the duplicate explains to Harris, passing off the speaking to his actual self, "I can't tell you what they are because I have yet to find out for myself, but luckily this baby should do wonders."

"This is for the best, stand down or you'll regret it." Alyssa threatened.

The two Ryans hopped down from their places and walked towards the duo fearlessly, simultaneously challenging, "try us."

The two give a nod to each other and Alyssa opened the hole. That is when Mech X4 made its appearance, in its grand and glory. The Ryans looked upwards and before they could react, they became surrounded by dozens of guardians. Veracity and Seth stood side by side, with Casey having her hands up in position, "it's over."

-Locked Down Initiated-

The doors clicked shut, trapping everyone inside. The duplicate smirked, "nice."

The sides prepared for a battle that could end in destruction. A fight to top every other one up to this point. One of the most brutal wars of a lifetime. Everyone was set to attack, tension thick and adrenaline high. The guardians had their powers, the crew had their robot and weapons, and the set of twins could taste the greatness that is their abilities being upgraded. Glares faced back and forth, silent but deadly. Was this it? Was this how it ends?

"You ready?" The double questioned. Ryan nodded, "alright, you heard the man," he stated, "let's go!"