Chapter 5

"Let's go!" The duplicate hollered, the group watching his every move. Before he could strike however, his body flew across the room and slid against the floor. He grunt, "ahh!" when his side cracked against the pressure. The opposing side watched him fall in shock as they turned to see who had done it.

"What, did I surprise you?" Ryan inquired to them, a smile slowly rising, "sorry, but that felt too good," he turned back around fast to face his enemy, "now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to kick his butt to the curb."

The team, guardians, and the only adult in the room all shared collective grins. The duplicate stood with fury in his eyes, "you weak little bastard."

"Remember when you said I was too powerful," Ryan threw his words back at him, "well the funny thing is, you're right. You're only part of my mind, and I always have power over you."

The clone lunged for him, starting the battle. Mech X4 was repelling blasts left and right with the help of the guardians. Veracity and Seth covered one another while Ryan and Harris tried to keep him down. Casey, Jackson, Alyssa, and Nigel headed for the vile that was so desperately desired, "help me open this."

"Have you lost your mind?!" Jackson shouted.

"We need to contain him!" Alyssa rebuttled.

"We don't know what'll happen." Casey said.

"Well, it's time to find out." Nigel told her.

"Uggghhhh!" Harris groaned from the intense impact.

"Give up?" The doppelganger teased.

"Not a chance crazy." Harris remarked as he kicked him off.

His actual best friend then tackled his double to the ground. They wrestled for what felt a blur when Veracity shot the fake Ryan in the stomach and watched him suffer, "agghh!" Harper took his turn in combating the villainous twin by pinning and towering over him, restraining his wrists and body, "and to think, I thought this would make you happy."

"Maybe it would've then, but this is now." Harper shot back.

One of the other guardians fired at the copy cat, whose quick reflexes had Harper taking the shot insetad. The antagonist hopped to his feet amd blasted her with ease. Mech X4 came rolling in with its bombs and battle modes, "Spyder, give me more fire power!"

"Gotcha!" Spyder followed Mackenzie's orders.

He smacked the fat red button on the left side and rasied the level of force. The duplicate sensed one coming after the other, but one slipped throught the cracks. He met the floor again, however recovered instantaneously. Veracity and a few other guradians had their go by physically assaulting him. Punch after punch, kick after kick, right and left hooks swinging at a rapid rate. The double flipped over one, toppled over two, slammed down three, and kept having his powers work wonders for him. That is until he found himself in a life-threatening headlock, "ready to stop?"

"Once you drop," he managed to escape her hold and sent his electrifying hits in the same direction. The real pilot jumped up and shielded her immediately, blocking off his attack and redirecting towards himself. He failed to move in time and was hit in the mist of it.

"When did you learn to do that?" Veracity quizzed after witnessing what just occurred.

"A few days back, I haven't fully mastered it though." Ryan replied.

"What a shock," Veracity sarcastically put it, "thanks."

Ryan shot her a smile and looked over at the core four guardians at the vile. He nodded in that direction and the two friends ran over to help, "don't you even try."