9.DINING AND A SMILE.

A/N: HELLO TO YOU TOO.
_________________________________________________________

It was a saturday, which meant dinner with the whole family. Alhaji Ibrahim was up for a business meeting, so he couldn't join them. And somehow, Leilah got herself wishing Farouq wouldn't join. That hope shattered when she learned he wouldn't only be joining but Christopher would too.She couldn't help but wonder why he didn't join his father, but someone needs to be left behind to look over the company. But at least Christopher was fun to be with.

The thing was, the guy had started prying into her life which she hates. It'd be better for him, her and everyone else if he stay out of her damn life which was the main reason she was trying to avoid him.

The last person that tried to interfere wished he never did.

So she'd be better off alone.

She wore her floral atampa gown. It had a combination of red and black colors with a tinge of pink. The belt at her waist tightly buckled. The gown had a pocket by one side and a flare by the other.

She adjusted her suede bracelet and went back to tying her head wrap. The thing was just too much work. She had been working on it for the past fifteen minutes, and just about every time she thought she was finished, the last pin would drop off. 

After successfully getting ready she had a final look in the mirror and exited the bedroom.

She sat by the garden and watched the vibrant colors of the greenish grass and flowers. She still had some time before dinner would be served. 

"Mirah. What's up?" She answered when Mirah called.

"Everything's up?" Her voice from the other end felt down.

"What do you mean?" Leilah asked worriedly.

"It basically means everything. You don't get it, Leels. The pressure is just too much. It's always the same talk everyday. Wallah , I am tired, " her friend sounded exasperated.

It was one thing to be rejected and a whole new different thing to be constantly reminded of marriage. The word fell foreign on her lips and Leilah was a witness on how society is constantly pushing her friend towards the edge. Clawing underneath the scrutiny of the society, she watched her friend being constantly reminded of how her essence of youth was slowly diminishing. Being a year older than Leilah and brought up in a typical northern household, Mirah knew what pressure was, be it from parents, relatives or grandparents, it was all the same intense pressure nonetheless.

Mirah was still pretty much in the prime of her youth, with so many dreams awaiting her order and a whole life to enjoy ahead of her. Sometimes it's from her amazing yet not amazing grandparents wanting to see her kids before they die. Or from the fact that in a place where Mirah grew up marrying young was more of the norm, the trend.

Leilah's life on the other hand was different. She didn't have to worry about being clawed by the demons of marriage, because in her own type of world she didn't have enough people who cared to suggest that. And to her marriage was just not something she was looking forward to. It was off-limits to her. 

And Leilah sometimes finds herself becoming envious of the life Mirah lives. She didn't have people that cared like Mirah does. She can't go blurting everything she wished because in her own world it's a weapon against her. She has secrets weighing her down, making her feel imprisoned and draining all the little energy left in her body.

"Mi. Don't even worry yourself about it. Nobody should force you into a marriage when they aren't the ones who will live it. They have no right. If you don't want to, don't. What's that cliche saying, again? Ahan... wait until you meet the one. Eww... I can't believe am saying that," Leilah scrunched her face. "But seriously Mi, they can go choke, chew and die on it. Wait for your overrated romance. I will always be here to listen to those cliche pick up lines you get randomly thrown at or when you finally find another crush and you are too scared to tell him; that's if you keep my ice cream intact," Leilah giggled, trying to lighten up the mood.