10.ENEMIES AT WORK

NOT EDITED: I am currently writing exams so the chapters won't be edited till I am done. I am sorry. I also will not be able to reply to your messages or comments, but I will do that as soon as I get done. My apologies but y'all know your girl need to pass her papers before anything else, haha.

'When something similar happens, you just find yourself in a kind of trance, as if being transported to that same event.'~~ Leilah.
_______________________________________________________
It had been one of those work days of going through schedule, postponing meetings, making adjustments and most of all a normal boring day.

She was walking down the hall ways of the fifteen floor which was the human resources department. She had a message and a file which Alex had requested she dropped.

She was casually walking when she saw it. Over, she saw the figure of a lady shadowed by that of a man.

These were scenes she would hate to witness but she silently made her way over to the crowd that have gathered around. She pushed her way through muttering a few excuses here and there. The scene in front of her made her sucked on her breath.

A young man probably in his late twenties or around early thirties was grabbing a lady by her arms, who  was also probably around the same age, with melanin skin and deep brown orbs. The man tucked at the lady pinning her to the wall. His blood shot eyes were directly stabbing the lady's eyes, that looked at him , pleading. The anger was visible from the tension on his muscles, the veins throbbing on his neck to the firm grib of his hand on her arm. There sere files scattered on the floor and some had brown liquid spilt on them. By the other side, there was a coffee cup that rolled over.

Leilah stumble backwards and would have ended up on the ground if not for the lady that steadied her. Most of the audience were women but the fact that no one was interfering disturbed her. Leilah knew everyone around was just seeing a man and a woman , a weak woman grabbed firmly by a man... but Leilah saw something different... she saw her... and then... then blood.

The eyes...

The blood...

Stop! It hurts...

Drip... drip... drip

"Easy ! You are overexaggerating. Take a deep breath. One after the other. C'mon, it's getting out of hand," Leilah recited internally when she felt the sweat bead on her forhead. She focused back on studying her breathing and then her eyes landed back on the two figures that were still on the same position as earlier, though the man's body was leaned deeper towards the woman's.

She had to do something. She needed to. She couldn't stay and watch while such shameful act happen infront of her very own eyes.

Not your goddamn problem.

Don't even think about it.

Run.

Leave.

Don't.

Leilah defenestrated all warnings and her feets involuntarily made their way forward. Leilah had to admit in most times her physical form is smarter than her brain.

A lady behind her grabbed her by the arm muttering 'where are you going?' she was far too gone to listen. Far too gone to act rational. It was as if the who gravitational energy was pulling her towards the centre of the earth. And surprisingly , as she stares into the eyes of the people that surrounded her , they look calm. It was as if everything was going normal.

Am I hallucinating?

No, it can't be!

The feeling was all too familiar.