Chapter Two

Twelve hours later, the plane finally arrived at Corpus Christi International Airport. I wasn't sure how far we were from Quinton Valley, seeing as I had never heard of this place, but I was hoping it wouldn't be too far. The time was now 6:23 and I couldn't wait to get to my new home and sleep.
Finding my luggage, I began my search for Agent Dixon. Thanks to a text from Agent Rovers I knew she was an African American woman with a black pixie cut. Scanning the busy airport, I notice someone waving a big white sign with Aubrey written in black letters. I quickly make my way over to where the sign is, which wasn't easy seeing as both the large suitcases felt like bricks had been stuff in them. It was smooth sailing until a guy walked by and hit the end of one of the suitcases causing it to slip out of my hand.

"Oh gosh let me help ya! I can't believe Lewis made yer hog all the this stuff down here!" a feminine voice cries out.

Looking up, I'm met with a breathtakingly beautiful mocha skinned woman with warm honey eyes and and a gentle smile that seemed all to pure. She hurried to grab the fallen suitcase and I can't help but notice she's just as curvy as I am, although I'm sure she was all natural.

"You must be Leah." I offered her a shy smile.

She held out her free hand. I extended my own and she gripped it in a tight squeeze and shook before letting go.

Ouch. 

"That'd be me. Lets hurry and get ya home. I'm sure yer all worn out from traveling." I notice her southern drawl and realize that I like her already.

"Sure thing. If you don't mind asking, how far away are we from Quinton Valley?" I ask as we walked towards the exit. Leah walks up to a black Grand Jeep Cherokee thats parked in the front and begins to load my heavy suitcase in the backseat. She lifts it with ease, whereas I'm left a little flustered and out of breath after securing the bags. She  doesn't answer my question until we're safely inside the car and headed away from the airport.

"It's about three hours, but don't yer worry darlin', y'all have plenty of time to sleep in tomorrow. Yah don't have to be at the school until around noon."

I ignore how my heart races at the mention of my name, understanding that she means it as an endearment and isn't calling me out directly. This would definitely take some getting used to, seeing as Texas was full of rugged men who used either sugar, darling, honey, or sweetie pie in just about every sentence when speaking to women.

"I didn't think I would be able to start so soon."

"Oh I hope yah don't mind! Yer start on Monday but the principal wanted to give yah a tour on tomorrow and see about getting yer classroom all set up however yer like. I went ahead and bought a few things for yah so yer wouldn't have to go out and do it all by yoself." Leah explained.

Okay I really like this woman now. However, outside of her inhuman strength, I was having a hard time understanding how she was an FBI agent. She seemed to kind and down to earth.

"No that's perfect, thank you. I've missed being able to teach very much." I told her.

"Well that's just dandy. I figured since we have a few hours before we get into town to go ahead and give you the run down of your backstory." Nodding, I sat up slightly and gave her my undivided attention. "I'm set up at the high school as the music teacher, so we'll be in the same circle of friends. Our cover is that we were in college together in North Carolina and I told yah about the job here since yah had been wanting to move after your grandmother passed. Yah had been taking care of her for the past three months and that's why yer couldn't come down for the interview. She left y'all a hefty sum and yer used that to build the house that you'll be living in.  You've also been assigned a car like mines, except yers is grey. I know yah prefer 1st or 2nd grade but they were only in need of a new 3rd grade teacher."