Prologue

Thank you for reading this book! It would really be nice if you share and vote to support the story and my writing on Wattpad.

~Y/N~
F/N L/N, that's me. I lived in the states because my mother and father owned a modeling agency. I was originally born in Japan, but when I was 9, my mom thought it would be nice for me to be her model for a global clothing brand for kids. And my dad had plans to sign contracts with celebrities who could model for the company.
I didn't make very many friends during elementary and preschool, but my closest friend was a boy name Tsukishima. We met in first grade, and I moved to a new school for the third time as a little kid.
Other than being young and small, I got into a lot of fights (not very ladylike, I know.) My parents were always so busy with work, I felt neglected and like an obstacle when trying to get them to take a break from work. But Tsukki made me feel different. I formed a small crush on him the first conversation we had. When I told him why I moved and got into fights, he showed me sympathy and would let me use his arm as a punching bag whenever I was upset. Obviously, I didn't use him as an object, he wasn't an object, he was my first closest friend.

But in third grade, I had to say goodbye to Tsukki when I was told the night before, I was moving far away.
"Kei!" Little me called out to him during recess time. We usually go to the swing set together but he went ahead as I gathered the courage to tell him the bad news. I saw him on the swing, looking at me after I called out his name. He was so tall, his feet dug into the sand when he sat on the swing.
"What is it, F/N?" Tsukishima asked, standing up from the swing. I walked closer to him and hugged him, tightly. I felt his wrap his arms around my torso, it comforted me.
I parted the hug and looked up at him, my vision went blurry as I started to cry from the thought that I would never see Tsukki again.
"I'm moving!" I sobbed and dug my face into Tsukishima's pale yellow sweater. Tsukki moved his hand to my head, petting me, making me slightly look up, with half of my face still burrowed in his sweater.
"You're making my sweater wet with your tears you know?" Tsukki teased, looking down at me as I stopped sobbing but tears still formed. I let go of Tsukishima and wiped my tears with the sleeves of my pastel pink cardigan.

"When are you moving?" Tsukishima asked. We slowly sway on the swings for the rest of the recess.
"Tomorrow morning..." I said, looking down at my sleeves that showed the areas where I wiped my tears and snot.
"How long will you be gone?" Tsukki asked I felt his glance focusing on me. I fidgeted with my thumbs, not knowing if I'll even come back.
"I don't know..." I answered, whispering it with the wind blowing my short hair in front of my face.
"You know what, " Tsukishima paused and stood up from his swing. I flinched as the wind from his movement blew towards me, Tsukishima at me straight into my E/C eyes.
"No matter how far we are apart, we won't forget each other, even if we don't see each other for a long time. Promise?" Tsukki exclaimed, holding up his hand with his pink pointed out. I glanced at his hand then back at him and smiled.
"Promise." I said, softly. I took Tsukishima's hand to seal our promise, hugging him afterward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm now in middle school, about to go into High school. I've made many friends and haven't gotten into a fight ever since I got to the states. I only had good friends, but not best or close friends, after I left Japan and left Tsukki behind, I built a wall up, surrounding me. I've heard of fake friends, people who just use you and take, never giving back. And since I was 'popular' from modeling for my parent's agency, I was skeptical about those I hung around with. I've lost many 'friends' because of their 'fake' personality and selfishness. I still have that wall up now. Even when I started dating some guys in middle school, I was in my own world, I was surprised by how we lasted long, but not that long.