Chapter 7: Sorry.

July 2, 2012. Lunchtime.

~Y/N~
Classes were done and Tate and Lane insisted on eating with me at the school, so we hung out behind the school for my lunchtime.
I was eating my bento but I slowly ate it, reducing the food I consumed.
"Why are you eating so little?" Lane asked me, concerned. I was spaced out but snapped when he yelled his question at me.
"O-Oh, I guess I'm not hungry," I explained. I saw that the two took my bento box and chopsticks from my hand.
"Hey!" I yelled out.
"Was it that comment from your Instagram photo?" Tate asked, I looked at her shocked.
"W-What comment?" I said, nervously. Tate just rolled her eyes.
"The one about your weight? You're so oblivious Y/N, " Tate said. I just pouted and looked at the ground.
"Girl, you have to ignore those comments, and eat your food." Lane said, taking the chopsticks and used them to pick up the fried chicken that was in the bento box, holding it in front of my face.

"But even my mom says I need to diet." I frowned, Lane and Tate frowned with me.
"And... Tsukishima said that I was heavy when he carried me home..." I mumbled, pouty, and frowning.
"Whos Tsukishima?" Lane asked. I could hear from his voice he was getting protective of his little sister (me of course)
"My childhood best friend. But it doesn't matter anymore, I gave him the silent treatment and he probably doesn't know why which makes me feel bad. His words didn't even hurt, just the comments and everything else got to my head." I muttered, fidgeting with my thumbs. I felt Tate's hand pet my head, and Lane put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't listen to those comments." Lane said, holding up the food in front of my face again.
"Now, say 'Ah'." Lane gestured. I giggled a bit which made me feel better. I opened my mouth up and let Lane and Tate feed me.

~~~~~~👓🏐~~~~~~

I was walking around the school, pondering about Y/N's behavior today, and her friends. Without realizing, I was wandering around the back of the school. I sighed and decided to join the others on the roof, but I heard some voices from the other side of the school. I walked over to the spot and peeked a bit, only to see Y/N and her friends talking. I leaned against the wall so they didn't see me. But Y/N looked upset and pouting a lot, her cheeks turned a light shade of red.

Why are you eating so little?

O-Oh, I guess I'm not hungry.

Hey!

Was it that comment from your Instagram photo?
'Comment?' I didn't know anything about a comment. But I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but again, this 'comment' might be the reason Y/N was so upset, she's such a sensitive girl.

W-What comment?

The one about your weight? You're so oblivious Y/N,

Girl, you have to ignore those comments, and eat your food.

But even my mom says I need to diet.

And... Tsukishima said that I was heavy when he carried me home...
As I heard her say my name, I felt guilt ravel up in my guts because of what I said earlier.

Whos Tsukishima?

My childhood best friend. But it doesn't matter anymore, I gave him the silent treatment and he probably doesn't know why which makes me feel bad. His words didn't even hurt, just the comments and everything else got to my head.
Guilt overwhelmed me, I clenched my fists and looked down at the grass.

I started walking back to the entrance. Yamaguchi greeting me as I entered inside.
"Where were you, Tsukki?" He asked. I sighed and just grinned at him.
"Walking around." I whispered under my breath.
"Okay, let's go to the roof, " Yamaguchi said as he started walking up the steps. I nodded and followed.