Chapter 1: Friends. 1/2

May 14, 2012. Beginning of the school year of Karasuno.

"Y/N?" Mom called for me in the kitchen. I walked over to her, finishing up the homework I had started 15 minutes ago (I'm in honors and get things done pretty quick.)
"Do you want to go to Japan and attend the rest of High school there?" my eyes widen from the sudden question. This is the first time I've heard of my mom speak about me going to Japan for the rest of my school year.

"Really?- I mean, yes!" I commented, trying to suppress my excitement. Maybe this was my chance to finally see Tsukishima! But what if he forgot about me already, even though we promised to never forget each other. What if he doesn't recognize me?
When I was little, the time I was still in Japan, I had short H/C hair, with wispy bangs that covered my eyebrows a bit. I would wear things like skirts with a cardigan or a type of sweater, remembering Tsukki and I would wear sweaters together because of the cold wind since we were basically matching with our prescribed glasses. But now I've gone through puberty, obviously.
My chest was... Big... To say the least, and I had a small waist from exercising because my mom always said:" A model must be fit, you know how the times are!" which irritated me because I hated how people judged other people's bodies just because they aren't happy with their own.
My hair was now long and wavy, I dyed it black-blue with silver tips, with my long bangs framing my face.
I stopped wearing my old 'preppy' looks and styles and wore things that were trendy. I liked wearing them but it was mostly because of my mom wanting me to wear things that were hot and showed off my features. Things like crop tops, shorts, ripped jeans, pleated skirts that had chains hanging from it, and that stuff. My colors were always either black, blue, or green. I still wear glasses but only at home, I started to wear contacts and sometimes colored contacts to make them bright. At the same time, I wondered how Tsukki looked by now. If he still wore his cute sweaters that had a moon on it and if he got any taller than the last time I saw him.

"Of course! I remember that friend of yours from elementary. He was adorable. And I just thought you would like to see your hometown again, " my mom explained, trying not to show her empathy for how I've been homesick the last few years. The reason I've been homesick was because of Tsukishima. After finding out I had a fake friend in seventh grade, I wished I had a friend to talk to, like Tsukki. Whenever I thought of him, I would go outside and practice my sets with my volleyball because Tsukki told me he had a liking for the sport, since his brother was on the popular volleyball team, Karasuno high.
"So, we're moving back to Japan?!" I asked eagerly, jumping up and down, grabbing a hold of the marbled counter.
"Yes, and we're going back tomorrow. There are some popular celebrities in Japan that I've emailed to sign a contract with us and agreed." My mom briefly explain. I smiled so wide, my cheeks hurt. After my mom told me the news, I went straight to my room and packed up my things.
I had two suitcases, I packed one of them with my clothes, shoes, accessories, and skincare products with my makeup bag. In the other luggage, I packed things like my volleyball, sketchbooks, school supplies, my camera, purses, and a box that stored photographs, friendship bracelets from friends I made over the years, and a rope bracelet that Tsukki and I made together when we were little. It was a brown leather rope bracelet, a star charm on my bracelet while Tsukki kept the bracelet with a Moon charm.

I remember I teased Tsukishima by putting my hand over his head and say "I'm over the moon!" and just giggle as he rolled his eyes, smiling with me. I smiled as I remembered that little inside joke, putting the box into my suitcase. I have a mini backpack that was yellow, reminding me of Tsukishima's bright blonde hair and his yellow sweater he'd wear often. I zipped open the pockets of the backpack and stored chapstick, a pack of gum, my wireless headphones, my eyeglass case, and some money into the bigger pocket of the bag. In the smaller pocket, I put some more gum but it was fruity flavored while the other was minty, for my morning breath if I accidentally woke up late and didn't have time to brush my teeth (it has happened many times before and I got scolded a lot for it.) along with the pack of gum, I put in my mini defense weapons keychain. My dad gave me it for my birthday last year because he was scared I would get jumped by stalkers or something, but it was nice to have something that could help me survive a theft.