Chapter 2: Harry's Summer

Harry's 3rd POV

Everything was going well. Life was great for the Wizarding World's golden boy. Why wouldn't it? Oh yeah... because Voldemort was out there looking for him. And the fate of the world rested on his shoulders.

However, there were a few good things in his life that he could actually be grateful for. First was the Weasleys. He was glad to be spending the summer with them, taking part in pranks the twins played, de-gnoming the garden, playing Quidditch and going on secret dates with Ginny Weasley. He was grateful to spend the last guaranteed summer of his life with his best mate, and Hermione as well. He was grateful for the fact that he had a great girlfriend and, in general, a great summer.

But he knew it wouldn't last for eternity. He was Harry Potter after all. And Harry Potter had a knack for getting into trouble, so he knew it was only a short amount of time until he had to face Voldemort again.

For now, he was simply content with sitting around a small fire in the Weasley's garden, looking up at the night sky with Ron and Hermione.

"You both know this won't last... right?" Harry said quietly, not wanting to break the easy-going mood.

"Of course we know. Don't be daft, we'll stick with you till the end, Harry," Hermione whispered back, knowing that Harry was about to ask them to stay out of trouble with Voldemort.

"Yeah mate, it's us. But I know we might die next year... and I've, er, I've been wanting to... um, you know, tell you guys something for... well, for a while now," Ron muttered, clearly insecure.

"Sure."

"Oh, so you're finally going to tell us that your gay, are you?" Harry grinned, amused by how Ron's pale face instantly changed to a to beetroot red.

"How the hell did you know?!" Ron demanded, unable to hide his surprise.

Hermione snorted before she pulled up the blanket around her. "It's obvious. I mean, the way you look at Zabini..." she raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"Wait, what?" Ron stammered. "Wait, so... so you guys don't mind? Me being, uh, into guys?"

"Mate, you do know I'm bisexual, right? I'm chill with it, even if you do have a crush on a Slytherin," Harry replied smugly.

"Oi! Shut it, Harry! You didn't even tell me you were dating my sister!"

"... RON WEASLEY HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?!"

"SAME WAY YOU KNEW I WAS GAY, I GUESS!"

Hermione snorted again, lying back down on her blanket spread across the grass. "Boys."