Chapter Four: Highway To Heaven

Chapter Four

The next morning, I awake to find the spot next to me empty. I get up with a start, almost wondering if last night was a dream. "Johnny?" I call out.

He walks around the corner, still shirtless. "Right here, babe." He hands me a cup of coffee. "I was just making this for you."

I sigh. "God. I love you."

"I know."

I take a sip of the coffee and set it down on the table. I admire his naked torso. "Come here." He sets his coffee down and gets back under the covers with me. I wrap my arms around him, feeling the warmth of his skin against mine. I bury my face into his chest and place soft kisses along his collarbone. Johnny kisses my forehead in response, his eyes lingering on me for a while. "What's wrong?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing."

"Then why are you—"

"Come to LA with me," he asks suddenly.

I look at him in shock. "What?"

"I just...I miss you so much."

"I miss you too."

He sighs. "I don't want to leave you again. Come with me."

"Johnny..."

"You're on a break from college for a few months. The show's not until next week. We can drive down together."

I look at him as a smile makes its way across my lips. "Highway to Heaven?"

He smirks at me. "You know the song's not about a literal highway, right?"

"Shut up. You're ruining it."

He laughs and ruffles my hair. "So...is that a yes?"

A sweet smile makes its way across my lips. "Yes, it is."

He smiles just like a little kid at an amusement park. He leans in and kisses me deeply. I rest my chin in the crook of his neck as he mumbles into my shoulder. "What are we going to do today?" he asks.

"Hmm... I don't know about you..." I say, looking up at him. "But, I have plans...naked plans, with you, all day."

He smirks. "Yeah, I can make that work." I smile at him and kiss him again, letting myself get lost in his taste.