Chapter Five

The red and white tent towered over Sana once more. And with a heavy sigh, Sana noticed that the tent still swayed with the cool wind. It was probably still nowhere near safe. And Sana was still apprehensive in stepping inside.

Everything was still a still to Sana, like time was still for this circus. Nothing had moved, nothing had changed. Everything still was .

But it wasn't . Everything was not still, everything had changed and everything had moved in Sana's life.

Sana wished time could stand still for a moment, because reading the big sign in black letters saying

THE CHOU FAMILY CIRCUS

did bring her a nostalgic feeling, but this nostalgia didn't sit well with her stomach. It didn't make her want to go back in time and feel everything again.

This nostalgia was no longer longing for the past, but longing for a different past.

Sana felt a small, warm hand intertwine with hers and Sana looked down to see Brad looking up at her with a smile.

"Be brave." Brad nodded.

Sana let out a shaky breath she didn't even know she was holding and nodded. "Be brave." She repeated softly before chuckling when Brad pulled her excitedly into the circus.

"Come on, mommy, walk faster! I want to get good seats!" Brad exclaimed.

Sana chuckled at Brad before looking around, it all was still still.

Sana felt she was 18 years old again. But she was no longer angry she was at the circus, but upset what the circus gave her.

Or didn't give her.

"Do you think the magician will give me glitter?" Brad gasped. "MAYBE SHE KNOWS FAIRIES NOW."

Sana giggled and picked up Brad and kissed his cheek. "She probably does, but she can't tell you. It's a secret society, only people that do magic can know." She whispered secretively.

Brad nodded. "You're right, they can't." he agreed. "So I don't have magic?" he pouted.

Sana pouted back. "I'm sure you have tons of it." She told him before poking his cheek, Brad giggling and poking her cheek back.

"Sana? Is that you?"

Sana turned to the source of the voice and her eyes widened. "ChungHa." She whispered.

ChungHa looked older, no doubt. And she looked worried, and it wasn't since she saw Sana a few seconds ago.

"MAGICIAN LADY!" Brad exclaimed with a grin. "Can I have glitter, please?"

ChungHa looked away from Sana and looked at Brad. "Is this your son?" she asked Sana.

Sana nodded. "His name is—"

"Bradford!" Brad smiled. "I was named after mommy's favorite author." He said in a very matter of fact voice.

ChungHa chuckled and kissed his head before Brad wriggled out of her grasp and stood next to Sana.

Chu smiled softly. "Safe to say he's very social." She chuckled as she bent down to Bradford's height. "You know who I am, don't you?" she asked and Brad nodded.

"My mommy told me all about you and the whole circus. I have this picture, look!" he exclaimed.

Sana furrowed her eyebrows. "You brought the picture—"she stopped when Brad took out the picture of Sana and Tzuyu and bit her lip as ChungHa inspected it with a sad smile.