Chapter Six

"Sana?"

Sana didn't want to turn around. She didn't want to turn around and meet those eyes. And that face. And
its familiarity.

She didn't even want to think about her name or let it slip out of her lips. Because by only hearing that name, she would remember everything that name gave her. She would remember the passion, the mystery, the romance...that sweet love that made Sana believe in magic.

"Tzuyu." Sana whispered to herself.

And, just like that, it all came crashing into her fragile heart. The moon, the sun, the stars...it all became much more than something you saw from far away. Because now Sana was seeing it from up close.
All she had to do was turn around.

"Sana?" Tzuyu spoke up again and Sana hearing as Tzuyu walk closer to her due to the crunching sound of rocks.

Sana gulped before turning to face Tzuyu and she felt the color drain from her face. It was like seeing a ghost. Tzuyu was already very pale, but the way Tzuyu looked was like seeing a dead person.

Her hair was shorter, but still dark. It was messy, and there was obvious loss in personal care since it was tousled and knotty. She remembered how she'd run her fingers through Tzuyu's hair and it was like running her fingers over a blanket. Blankets do lose their softness eventually.

Tzuyu had prominent bags under her eyes. It was most likely due to sleepless nights. Sana had those sometimes, but probably not for the same reasons as Tzuyu did.

Her lips were chapped, but they had always been that way. Tzuyus form of chapstick was licking her lips and calling it a day. Only her lips were different. There were obvious signs that she'd bite her lip too hard and cause bleeding. Anxiety, probably.

She was playing with her fingers and picking at her skin. Obvious nerves, Sana noted.

But what really struck Sana were Tzuyu's eyes. No longer was she looking at bright emeralds with so much magic and wonder and love in them. They were gray, and they were empty. There was no more magic in her.

Sana really was looking at a dead person.

Tzuyu blinked once before opening her mouth to say something. "It's you." She whispered, lifting her hand up but then quickly retracting it and shaking her head. "It really is you..."

Sana stayed still and nodded while squeezing Bradford's hand. She hoped she wouldn't break it, that's how tight she was squeezing it.

Tzuyu cracked a small smile. "You look so beautiful." she said, scanning her eyes over Sana. There were no lustful intentions in her actions, however. Tzuyu was simply looking over every detail to see what changed, what stayed, and what she lost.

Sana blushed at the words. "Thank you." She whispered. Sana wasn't sure to return the words. Not because Tzuyu wasn't beautiful, but because she wasn't sure she wanted to show Tzuyu any emotions.

Brad looked between the two with a grin. "Now kiss!" he exclaimed.

Both girls broke their intense stare and looked down at Brad who was only smiling.

Sana cleared her throat. "That's not a good idea, Brad." She said softly.

"Is this your son?" Tzuyu whispered, staring at Brad intently.

Sana nodded. "Yes."

"He has your nose. And your jawline." Tzuyu noticed.
Sana smiled softly and ruffled Brad's hair. "Yeah."

"He looks a lot like him, though." Tzuyu said, looking away. "His father."

Sana nodded. "Yeah." She whispered.