Chapter Fifteen

I pushed open the kitchen door and looked around warily. I wasn't sure if Gamgam would be in a good mood or not. She had kicked me out of the kitchen but she hadn't exactly said I couldn't come back. I, however, was not one for taking chances with my life. "Gamgam?" I tried my hardest to keep my voice meek as I looked around for the tall female. There were a few other shifters running around and I watched them with a small frown.

"I thought I told you to go with Sterling." Gamgam's voice came from the island and I moved closer to where her voice had come from.

"Well I helped him with the Hunters and I'm here to help you make supper because councilman Edwards will be dining with us." I watched as Gamgam grabbed a head of lettuce and set it on a cutting board before grabbing a knife.

"They sent a councilman? Do I need to kill him before he takes out puiu meu de lup?" Her tone was serious and I shook my head quickly. I honestly didn't want Jovan to be murdered. He was nice.

"No. He was just delivering the 'no killing people for looking at your mate' speech to Dickhead." I leaned against the island as Gamgam scowled darkly, savagely cutting into the lettuce head.

"Why did he need to leave his lofty seat to come and tell Alpha Sterling that?" Gamgam viciously sliced through the head of lettuce once more. Her tone was agitated. She didn't like the fact a councilman would be in her territory. From all our conversations I had learned Gamgam did not like the Hunters or the Council.

"Jovan wanted to meet Dickhead. He's funny and very not like what I heard a council member would be like." I smiled as I moved closer to her to help her out.

She grunted at me before she pointed to a bowl of various vegetables. "I shall have to see about that." She sniffed lightly and I grinned as I moved the bowl over to a cutting board and grabbed a knife from the butcher's block. The kitchen was busier than I was used to. Pack members flitted around quickly in the space. "Sharon, if you don't check those fucking roasts for temperature I am going to shove my foot up your ass!" Gamgam went back to her cutting, her slices were almost angry and the head of romaine lettuce was quickly placed in a bowl before another head of it was grabbed.

I methodically cut into a bell pepper. I didn't much care for them but if Gamgam gave you a task you did it without question. I faltered in my cutting. Out of everything that had happened in the past week, learning that my grandfather had placed a bounty on my head was the worst. I swallowed and tried to push the thought away, there was no use opening that drawer in my compartmentalizing dresser.

"Dean, you better watch your fucking mouth with your elders before I pour a bottle of soap down your fucking throat." Gamgam's voice boomed in the air and I smile a bit before I grabbed another pepper and started to cut it. "What is wrong, fetita?" I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes and she was rummaging through a drawer.

"There's nothing wrong, Gamgam." I said it quietly, silently cursing how observant Gamgam was. I didn't wish to discuss my grandfather with her or anyone for that matter.

"Don't you lie to m-Jonathan! Where the fuck did you put my peeler?" She slammed the drawer shut with a snarl. "If I don't get it in my hand in the next ten seconds, you little toad, I'm going to peel your skin off with it!" There was a scrambling further in the kitchen as a wide-eyed shifter bolted towards Gamgam, the wanted peeler grasped tightly in his hand.

She snagged it away from him angrily. "Thank you, now get me the potatoes!" She swatted at him with the spoon but he jumped out of the way and was gone. Gamgam turned and gave me a stern look, pointing the peeler at me. "What's wrong? And don't you dare lie to me." Her blue eyes flashed with fire and I slumped my shoulders, setting the knife down. Gamgam wouldn't leave it alone, I knew that for a fact.