Chapter Twenty-Nine:Part Two

We made it to the front door and I moved towards the hanging closet, pulling out my winter jacket. It had been Lily's old maternity one but I didn't think she minded me using it. Plus I loved the fact it made me look like a marshmallow and slightly hid my bump. I loved freaking out people when I revealed how big I actually was when they thought I seemed to be more jacket and less belly. I slipped it on as I looked around for my boots, I couldn't see them and groaned in irritation. I needed my boots, it had snowed last night and I didn't want to slip on the slush.

"Michael, I need my boots! Where are they?" I looked over every inch of the bottom of the closet but I couldn't see them. I let out another groan of frustration. Ezekiel barked and I whirled around, my hand clutching my chest in fright. I opened my mouth to give him shit when he nudged the wanted boots across the floor.

"Worry about shoes. Girl." Michael chuckled and I threw a scowl in his direction. I was not a female who worried about shoes. I was worried about my babies, there was a distinct difference. One was vanity and the other was, I didn't want to slip and land wrong on my fucking belly.

"Boots, you asshole, and I need these boots. It snowed last night." I crossed my arms over my chest and he smiled at me brightly.

His eyes crinkled at the corners as he laughed loudly at my continued expression. "I know. Teasing." He reached out and ruffled my hair and I swatted his hand away, giving him an unimpressed look.

"You're a big giant jerk." I crouched down, mindful of my belly, before I shifted back and sat down. I waved at Ezekiel who shoved the boots so I could reach them with minimal effort. "This is why you're my favourite." I threw a look at Michael who crouched in front of me, holding out his hands for the boots and I glowered at him darkly.

"I can put my own boots on. I'm not that big!" I wanted to remain as independent in my actions as I could. I knew there was a point I would hit where things like putting on my own boots would become impossible but currently I could do it. I struggled around my belly slightly but not too badly and managed to get my boots on. I smiled at them proudly. "See? I'm good!" He simply rolled his eyes at me before holding his hands out. I took them and he helped me to my feet. I brushed off the back of my pants even knowing there would be nothing on them. "Do you have the-" Michael held out a manilla envelope for me and I smiled at it brightly. "Thank you!" I puckered my lips and he bent down so I could kiss his cheek.

"I take it back you aren't a big jerk. Now I want the truck today. I don't know how the road up to the mine is going to be like." I gave him an expectant look and he nodded before heading towards the door to the garage. I looked down at Ezekiel. "Are you riding in the truck or running?" He moved over to the door and whined, trying to paw it open.

"Running it is." I moved over to the door and opened it for him. He licked my hand before bolting out into the trees. More than likely he would beat us there. I moved out onto the front steps and waited. A few moments later I could hear the loud rumble of the diesel four by four and headed down the stairs as Michael parked it in the driveway. I was thankful he had gotten his license because the longer I was pregnant, the more anxious I got whenever I had to drive. It had been one of the first things he did. He wanted to make sure there was always someone around that could drive me if I needed it.

I pulled open the truck door and heaved myself up and into the front seat. I settled into it before I put on my seat belt, I adjusted it around my belly and nodded at Michael. He pulled around the drive way and I leaned back in my seat as I unzipped my jacket, tapping my fingers on my belly. The twins kicked me in response to the tapping and I smiled at my belly.

Even as much as pregnancy freaked me out, I was very attached to my little females. I liked how I could tell them apart just from movements and how they seemed to have developed their own personalities. They were in there and they were real to me now. It had been harder to connect to them when there was no evidence they were there other than a blue cross on a pregnancy test.