・Second Traitor・ (PART TWO)

Continued from the last chapter

But in 8th grade, a ripple of events will change them and their broken bond...

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

(Y/n)'s POV

Middle school, with Shimada. Great!...

Well after Elementary School... he never talked to me since. It's like I disappeared out of his life and he just... doesn't acknowledge me anymore. It didn't bother me much, my main goal was just to avoid him anyway. He mildly bullied me in elementary and OH BOY... I hated it. Even though it wasn't as bad as Ishida's...

I watched across the hall, a scene that is unfolding before me. Ishida was trying to interact with Shimada, Hirose, and their new middle school friends. It was... pretty saddening to see how Ishida got rejected. I had the urge to go and confront Shimada again, but... I don't want to deal with him ever again... So I watched it from afar.

"Hey guys, I-i bought the limited edition..." Ishida stuttered, showing the new limited edition he earned himself. "Heh~? Whoa, I'm going to quit being a fan..." Shimada said blankly and looked away. "Me too..." Hirose followed along and gave Ishida a blank stare.

I stood there, holding my anger trying to burst out of my mouth. He also spread around the information about Ishida being a bully, which left Ishida with no friends. Shimada and his friend group walked away leaving Ishida alone. He stood there, didn't even move. Guess that really hit him badly, so I took the chance.

"Hey Ishida!"

I ran up behind Ishida and that was the first time, I see the change in him. He was more... timid. He was not that jerk that likes to have fun in dumb and dangerous ways anymore. His features were soft and lonely.

"I, uh, wanted to talk to you..." "What do you want?" Ishida got back his carefree posture. "Hey, I saw the whole situation, no need to hide it." Ishida dropped his fake mood aside and stood still, looking at the floor again. "Hey! Don't worry, I-... I just wanna be friends with you. You seem like you need a friend..." I eyed the ground. Can't believe I am doing this...

When I look back up, Ishida eyes widen but then soften. "Sure..."

And ever since that day, Ishida and I have been buddies through thick and thin. He even found out that I stood up for him, only to be pushed in a pond and left broken. For the whole 7th grade year, I was able to avoid Shimada and gain Ishida as a friend. (Their Elementary school went up to 6th grade, I believe.) Ishida has became a nicer guy. Oh no! Trust me, no romantic feelings were passed around. We were just friends that like to joke around. We shared out deepest fears and shared our own experience from last year. There's a lot I didn't know about him.

I thought I could avoid Shimada forever... and you guessed it... I didn't. :v
It was in the middle of our 8th-grade year...

"Hey (y/n)!" "Oh- Morning Ishida." Ishida and I greeted like usual and met up by the normal window spot we always like to hang out and talk about. "I was thinking..." Ishida then went deep into thought as I shoved my book I was reading in my backpack. "I want to find Nishimiya again, and return this to her." He held up an old, crusty notebook. The conversation notebook Nishimya used to communicate. "I am also learning some sign language too." He smiled to himself as he is trying to make a plan to make up his past mistakes. "Wow! That's great Ishida! I help you and also find Nishimiya!" I raised my hand in the air with an exciting feeling of improvement. We chatted a bit more about the school, the latest TV show, and comic books. "Oh (y/n)! I have to go and meet the sign language teacher early today, I hate to leave you alone but-" "Nah it's fine, don't worry about me! Now go do your duty captain!" I gave Ishida a friendly pat on the back with a proud smile. "R-right. Thanks!" Ishida smiled sheepishly and went off into another direction.