Episode One: I Used to be A People Person, People Ruined It

Aizawa was walking home from patrol when his mind wandered to his encounter with Calamity. Honestly the guy seems like a mess, but that was probably just the personality he uses when doing work. Aizawa hated him, even the one small interaction made him hate him. Not hate him in a way he would hate a villain, just hating him in a way that makes him 100x more annoying at all times. It was a similar way that he hated his chosen students. As Aizawa trudged up to his house he sighed when he saw the living room light on, he kept wondering why he had kids. He knew Hizashi wasn’t still up, so it must be his idiot teen children. Aizawa hates teenagers, he has to deal with them every day, all day, forever. Not to mention that his kids forced him to up their training because the UA exams are steadily approaching. Aizawa unlocked and opened his door and then he was bombarded with a hug from his daughter, even though she was a teen she had never grown out of the hugging phase. Aizawa couldn’t help but hug back and smile, he had a soft spot for his kids (obviously).

“Dad! You’re home!” His eldest exclaimed, still clinging to him, but quickly retracting her arms and sitting next to her brother.

“Yes, Toru, that’s pretty obvious.” Aizawa said, sitting next to his children, and leaning his head back in order to put his eyedrops in.

“Papa already went to bed, but you know me, I never sleep, and I dragged Toru into my bad habits.” His son, Hitoshi, said jabbing a finger in his sister's direction.

“Yes, I know that, you two hang out too much, you should be separated, you’re a bad influence on the other kids.” Aizawa says and smiles at his now pouting son, and presumably pouting daughter.

“Trust me, if I didn’t have to hang out with people then I wouldn’t, I get that from you.” Hitoshi says to his father, and Shota just rolls his eyes at the purple haired teen.

“Yeah, you guys are such downers, why can’t you be more social, it’s much more fun to be a people person than to sit around alone all day choking on your own brooding.” Toru says, gesturing the spoon she had in her hands at her brother and father (she’s eating ice cream).

“I used to be a people person, people ruined it.” Aizawa says, and Toru just groans at his response, earning an amused glare from her father.

“C’mon dad, even I hate it when you say that.” Hitoshi says while burying himself further into the couch. Soon after that conversation Shota forced his kids to go to bed, and walked to his room to finally get some sleep. He smiled at the unusually quiet Hizashi and slipped into bed next to him.

______________________________________________________________________________

Shota doesn’t know why he still has to go to work, he doesn’t really have anyone to teach, he expelled most of his students, and the ones he didn’t definitely wouldn’t warrant him to be at school all day, but he supposed Nezu liked having someone to talk to, which is most of how Shota spends his days. It’s also where he is right now, Aizawa can’t complain, talking to Nezu tops talking to most of the other people in the building. He loved Hizashi, but he had to teach, and Nemuri was great but she can be a bit much. Even some of the more tame teachers (like Cementoss) could give him a headache on a bad day (which was most days).

“Shota, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about something.” Nezu says, looking up from the papers on his desk to face an annoyed Shota Aizawa.

“What?” Shota says, not having the energy to actually care about the conversation just yet.

“Calamity, you’re on the case right?” Nezu asks, and Shota groans remembering the night he had had, both encountering the elusive vigilante but also hunching over theories for hours on end.