Ten

It was 6:33 pm when Harry walked out of Tomlinson's delivery entrance to hail a cab. He knew the exact time because he'd been fiddling with the modified version of one of the latest versions of iPhone prototype Jenna in Design had thrust upon him earlier, which he barely cares about anyway.

"With all the top qualities software... encrusted with Tomlinson diamonds, of course!" the woman had enthused.

"How much is it worth?" Harry had breathed, fingering the stone-studded back of the mobile.

"This one is only a prototype. The stones are CZs instead of real diamonds. It's for a man who has everything."

Now Harry grimaced as he swiped through the device. Was he officially a man who has everything?

Well, you do have Zayn Malik. Most people will kill for that.

He nearly dropped the phone when someone suddenly grabbed his arm.

"Xander! What are you-" He snapped his mouth shut at the dark anger contorting Xander's face.

"I've been hearing things, Harry. Interesting things about you and Zayn Malik."

He glanced about, alerting Harry the fact that the alley was deserted. Harry was alone with Xander in a darkened alleyway, away from prying eyes. Harry swallowed his apprehension and hoisted his bag back on his right shoulder.

"What things?"

A sharp wind blew past, and Xander shoved his hands in his pockets. "How you and Zayn are getting along a little too well."

"So?" Harry blinked. "The papers are full of that stuff, doesn't mean they're right."

"Oh, I know the difference between fact and fiction." He gave Harry a devious grin, full of wicked intent. "I have proof."

Harry's mouth went dry, "What proof?"

"Does Wednesday night, executive elevators, ring any bells?"

Harry's heart swelled up, pounding in the back of his throat. Through the shock, he saw Xander smile. "Funny, I'd never peg Malik for a ten-minute guy. But then, I have intimate-" his eyes swept Harry's body appraisingly "-knowledge of you. He probably couldn't control himself."

Shock yielded quickly into anger. "What do you want?"

"You focusing on our deal," Xander snapped. "Malik has been meeting secretly with the board and the Tomlinsons. The bastard's trying to get proof so he can fire me. And if he does, I'll bring you down, Harry. Don't doubt that. All it takes is one phone call and you'll have a dozen reporters on your doorstep."

"I already have," Harry snapped, his heart skipping a beat. "What else can you say that hasn't already hit the papers?"

Xander rocked back on his heels, a triumphant gleam in his eyes. "Oh, I think the public would be interested to hear all about our 'relationship', especially now that you and Malik are bedmates."

The sound of the rough knuckle meeting Xander's face echoed in the cold air. The imprint of Harry's hand slowly reddening before Harry's disgusted eyes, his shock only confirming what Xander already knew. Xander barked out a triumphant laugh, a horrible "gotcha!" sound at Harry's look of horror.

"It's funny- you getting cosy with the guy who's blocking your transfer."

Xander's verbal bomb exploded deep inside Harry. As he numbly shook his head, Xander shrugged. "When I asked Lottie for an update, she said Zayn Malik put a hold on your transfer indefinitely."

"I don't believe you!"

"Go ask him. Oh, and that slap will cost you, babe. You and your boyfriend. Ten thousand to start. Or I'll release the tape to the papers."