10. How long has he been gone?

A/N: This book is at 200+ reads omg I'm literally shook. Thank you for your support ❤️❤️🌻

Minghao was walking down a thin gravel trail, not knowing where his feet were taking him

Minghao was walking down a thin gravel trail, not knowing where his feet were taking him. He blindly kept walking until he suddenly heard his name being called out. He turned around but he couldn't see anyone.

"Come find me Minghao...", the voice calling out his name said. He immediately recognised the voice. "Junhui?" he called out confused. He didn't get an answer.
All of a sudden he found himself back in the apartment, only this time he was in a different bedroom and a figure with a dagger in his hand loomed over Junhui. Minghao couldn't move, he couldn't speak or scream. He could only stare as the horrific scene unfolded before him. The man's back was turned toward him but he could still somehow feel like he'd seen this man before. The man started moving toward Junhui with his hand outstretched and dagger gleaming.

"You're making a mistake... don't do this... you're better than this....this isn't you..." Jun stuttered helplessly.

Minghao stared in horror. The man lifted up the dagger and Minghao shut his eyes as the loud screams echoed throughout the house.

"Come find me Minghao..."

He jolted up and looked around. "Oh..a dream...that was a really terrifying one..", he huffed. The bedsheets were drenched with sweat and his hands were trembling. He turned to check the bedside clock at the table. 2.54 AM it showed. He decided to get himself a glass of water and got out of bed. As he passed by Junhui's room, he suddenly felt shivers go up his spine. He didn't know why, but he didn't like this feeling. Minghao hurried to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of cold water. As he sipped on it slowly, his throat cleared up and he felt a little better. Suddenly the front door opened and Minghao almost choked on his water. It was about 3 in the morning now, who would possibly enter at this time besides a burglar. He placed his glass by the sink and slowly walked up the the kitchen door and peeked out.

"Minghao?" a voice suddenly called making him jump and it took him all his strength to supress a scream. "Junhui, don't scare me like that oh my god." he said wide eyed. Junhui couldn't help but laugh at him. "What are you doing up at this time?" he asked curiously. "Forget me, what were YOU doing OUT at this time?" Minghao shot back. Junhui fell silent for a moment before he said "Oh, I couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk..". Minghao didn't seem very convinced but it was already really late so he decided not to ask further about it. He said good night to Junhui and headed back to bed, the thought of the photo frame earlier had completely left his mind.

It was 9.45 in the morning when Minghao opened his eyes again. He sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. A delicious aroma filled the room. He got out of bed and headed to the hall to find Junhui already preparing breakfast. He looked up and smiled. "Oh hey, Minghao, you're up!"
Said boy smiled and went over to the table. "What are you making?" he asked. "This is mushroom soup along with spicy dumplings." Jun explained. Minghao smiled, he loved mushroom soup. Suddenly his phone buzzed. He pulled it out and saw a text from Jeonghan.