1) leaving again.

everything is aspens POV unless said otherwise:)

"aspen! brooklyn! come down stairs please!" dad yelled. he probably wanted to tell us how he was leaving for the whole summer to go the main land and work in the studio. i ran downstairs hoping it wasn't that. My dad and i may not be that close, but it sucks having to live with just brooklyn for months at a time. he parties almost every night and has no time for me. i guess that's what it's like being 20.
no time for lil sis.
as i came downstairs my dad had a sad look on his face.
"asp, brooklyn, i'm sorry but i'm gonna have to do some work down on the studio this summer. I have a handful of new clients i want to work with and now is the only time i can get them all together. i'm sorry."
i'm always right.
i looked over at brooklyn, who seemed absolutely thrilled. he was definitely going to be having parties every weekend. I, on the other hand, was not thrilled. Ever since my mom passed away dad has been more focused on work then ever. I get it, he needs a distraction, but leaving the only family you have left isn't the way to do it.
I quickly pushed the thoughts of my mother out of my head and refocused on my dad.
"I love you guys very much and i hope you have the best summer ever. Be safe. I'll see you at the beginning of august." He said hugging brooklyn and i at the same time.
"aight asp guess it's just you and me." brooklyn said with an eye roll.
"hmmm no it's just you, i'm gonna head over to john b's."
brooklyn scoffed.
"Why the hell do you even hang out with them, we have more money then all 4 of them combined."
Brooklyn is, as you would say, full kook.
Even though brooklyn doesn't necessarily have a problem with my friends, HIS friends do. In my opinion the whole social structure is bullshit but i can't change what's already set in stone.
As i'm walking out the door, brooklyn shouts to me
"Yo, just make sure rafe doesn't find out, because you know he's gonna have an issue."
I rolled my eyes.
Rafe is my brothers best friend. He's a hot headed, anger issue-ridden, mega rich kook, who absolutely despises my friends.
Rafe is also my boyfriend.
Yes, It's crazy that i would even think about dating someone who would want to beat my friends to a pulp, but Rafe was the only person here for me after my mother passed.
My dad shut me out and my brother drowned the grief with alcohol.
So Rafe was my go to.
Regardless, I managed to get so see my friends almost everyday without him finding out. My brother had his lips sealed because he knew how ugly things could get.
"I'm sure Rafe will be fine." i said.
But in all honesty,
I don't think he'd be fine.

ok so basically this was just a chapter to set up the story and i'll be updating pretty regularly now. enjoy :)))