2) rules are rules.

I pulled up to John B's house in my brand new range rover that my father got me for my 16th birthday.
I wanted a truck.
But instead i ended up with the most kook looking car he could find.
no complaints though.
"Aww looks whos arrived in her money mobile" JJ said with a smile.
JJ's hair was soaking wet
"You guys went surfing without me! Fuck this." I said embracing JJ and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
JJ and i have been best friends since we were little. His dad used to do some work for mine and he'd come over for play dates while our dads were together. Of course i'm close with the rest of the pogues, but JJ and i have a different, and i guess special bond.
JJ and i walked to the John B's front porch where Kie and him were smoking. Pope, of course, reading.
"So what'd i miss?" I said plopping down on Kie's lap.
"Only the best waves we've seen in a few months." said John B.
"If by 'best' you mean extremely dangerous and fatal, then yes, the best." Pope said sarcastically.
I giggled and looked out towards the water.
"Holy shit. Those are huge."
"Yea, Agathas cookin' up a storm, no pun intended." JJ said.
"Agatha?" This is news to me. I haven't heard anything about a storm, but i don't even bother turning on the news so makes sense.
"Yea hurricanes supposed to hit land tonight, we're all staying here if you wanna crash."
Kie said.
"Or is your brother and his friends gonna come over and kill us in our sleep." JJ said rolling his eyes.
"Nah i'll crash here. Plus they don't even know i'm with you guys it's all good."
Just as i finished talking my phone dinged.
It was Rafe.
I stopped by the house to see if you were home but brooklyn said you went out, you do know there's a hurricane right? Just call me when you can.
Kie looked at my phone then me.
"I literally do not understand how you can put up with that asshole." she said disgusted.
"Me either." JJ said quietly looking away.
I guess i forgot to mention a few things.
Last year, before Rafe, JJ liked me.
But this was right as i was first becoming good friends with the rest of the group and was introduced to the rule
No pogue on pogue macking.
John B told me this rule with possibly the most serious look on his face i've ever seen. I was scared of losing my new best friends so I obeyed JB's 1 golden rule.
I guess you can see where this is going.
Incase you cant,
I knew i had feelings for JJ and i knew he had feelings for me too.
But because of the rule i told him it wasn't gonna work and started dating Rafe within a few weeks to push out my feelings for JJ.
After that JJ and i didn't talk for a while until he eventually got over it.
I like to think we've moved past that time now,
but some of his comments make me think otherwise.
Of course I'd never hurt JJ on purpose,
but you know
rules are rules.
I looked down at my once again dinging phone to see yet another text from Rafe.
Asp?? just tell me your not with those fucking pogues again. You know i don't want you near JJ. I mean it Aspen.
I'll blow his fucking head off.
Rafes jealously of JJ has gotten extreme lately.
The whole event happened over a year ago.
Why the hell does it still bother him ?
I decided not to ask. After all, this is Rafe i'm talking to.
With that being said, i decided a little white lie wouldn't hurt him.
Rafe, i'm okay. You don't have to worry so much you know. And i think threatening to 'blow his head off' is just a little extreme.
He responded immediately.
You know i care about you aspen. I just don't want you around him if he still has feelings for you. I love you. Call me later.
I turned off my phone and sighed.
I would definitely not be calling him later.
It was getting dark and extremely windy out so we decided to go inside.
The sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the wind moving the trees was calming to me.
I mean i grew up on an island.
Hurricanes were no biggie.
We were all sat together just talking about random things as we always do when a wave of exhaustion came over me.
Must have been those calming sounds of a lovely hurricane.
I decided to go lay down in one of the beds down the hall.
"Goodnight assholes. Im about to pass out." i said yawning and giving Kie a kiss on the cheek as i walked by.
Just as I layed down on the bed, I heard someone walk in.
"John B if you pour water on me i'll kill you with my bare hands. I'm not even asleep yet." I said with my eyes closed.
"Do I look like JB to you?"
I opened my eyes to see JJ.
I smiled at my best friend and held my arms out.
"Come cuddle."
"Hm. I don't think Rafe would like that would he?" He said crossing his arms.
"Hm. I don't really care." I responded also crossing my arms.
JJ just smiled and crawled into my arms. We just layed there.
My fingers running through his hair
And his hand running down my back.
JJ and I cuddle a lot so there's nothing new here.
But everytime we do the same emotions i tried so hard to forget come rushing back.
we can't be together.
i think to myself.
Rafe will murder him if that happens.
Rafe would, quite literally, murder him.
And that right there is why Rafe, or anyone for that matter cannot know that i decided.
that i do still have feelings for JJ.