FGTL 04: The Box?

"Vinelle asks a favor to us..." she snuffed from crying awhile ago. "She said she can't be here for the time being..." naluluha na naman siya.

Lahat kami ay naghihintay at nalulungkot sa nangyari. Vinelle became a good friend to us as well.

"As for me alone, she wants me to took care of their house... she couldn't leave it because she invested a lot from there and... she also don't want to waste a lot of money for an empty space..." she's truly a wealth... no words can ever describe that.

"This feels like a last will, goddamn it..." said Fhim...

No one reacts. No one laughs about the damn dull joke. . .

"And for Fhim. . . She wants us to look after him." Napanganga kaming lahat. Literally open-mouthed... like, wtf? Ano bang akala niya sa lalaking 'to, baby? Autistic pwede pa... I can't believe this...

"Are you serious about that?" Raya exclaimed. . . We couldn't believe it. Is she being serious here?

"I am... wait, let me finish first okay?" She snuffed again... "She doesn't want anything to happen to Fhim. She lost her mom and she doesn't want to lose another love of her life anymore. . ." Leaning her hands on the table.

"How are we going to do that? He's too old for baby sitting," it was Raya again.

Nag-igting ang panga ni Daphni. She's always a good mooder but she's different now.

"No, Raya. You know what? If you don't want to do this just keep it from yourself. No one's happy to be losing mother here." Uh-oh. . . She got pissed. . .  I bit my lower lip.

"Believe me I would. . ." Matigas ang ulo ni Raya. Probably because of her past. . .

"But she's not! Okay?! She's.not!" Mariin niyang pagkakasabi sa huli...

"Hey. . . This isn't the time for fighting." I exclaimed. Jhinx also bit her lip and played her fingertips.

"I'm sorry for troubling you guys. . . But, I guess you don't have to even do this for me. Or for Vinelle..." he pick-pocket his hands. . . He is sad. . .

Fhim went off and I feel bad about him.

"Yeah, no one wants to even take care of strangers.  . ." I looked at Raya and I think she's way too far. Fhim heard it!

"Stop it now, Ray, please. . ." Jhinx begged.

Nagtiim-bagang si Ray at sumandal sa armrest ng upuan. . .

Lahat kami natigil... muntik na kaming mag-away-away. Pero humikbi si Daphni.

"Akala niyo ba hindi ko napapansin ang pag-iwas niyo sa akin kapag nandyan si Vinelle?"

Napatingin kami sa kaniya.

"Daph, please. . ." Sinubukan kong patahanin siya at pahupain ang lahat.

"My heart is crushing every time you walk away and distance with me if Vinelle is around. Nasasaktan ako kasi hindi niyo magawang tanggapin ang taong nagpapasaya rin sa akin. I already told you that she is my childhood friend and she's more than that to me... she helps me a lot of things in life when I lost everything and she stays... Her parents went to California and live there for good. They left her here. . . with me. . . To take care of me.

Naiyak na kami. Nagiguilty.

"And now you guys found me and I was very happy. . . Because at last I'll be living with hopes together with you, guys. And at the same time it hurts. . .

"It hurts that you can't be used to the things that I've loved from the beginning. Friendship doesn't work like that, Raya, Jhinx, Ersh. . . It's about accepting everyone's happiness regardless of the attention being borrowed from it."