Settling in

Isaac POV

I put on my coat and my helmet, then walk out the door and meet the doc. She agreed to show me around since I live here now. We decided that there wasn't much for me to return to, so now I'm a member of Overwatch.

First was the Armory, which had ammunition for my shotguns and revolver. They also had explosive ordnance, but considering that they let me have three nuke-grenades, I figured that I'm good for now.

Next is the simulation room. This is where they do their training when it's raining. It also makes for interesting movie nights.

The third place is the field where Overwatch and their recruits go to train. It's also used for recreational time.

The fourth place is the repair shop. This where any broken equipment, armor, and weapons go to get repaired or modified. It doubles as weapons R&D department. Apparently some guy named Torbjorn runs this place.

Since I've already been in the med-bay, we go right ahead to the barracks. There actually two barrack buildings. One for recruits, and the other for Overwatch members. Both have a large communal living room and kitchen where everyone can gather around for various reasons.

Mercy: Unfortunately, we don't have a room ready, so for now...

She leads me to an old building that I think might be a garage. She lifts open the door to confirm my assumption.

Mercy: You'll be sleeping in this old garage that never got used.

I look inside the garage. They set up a bed, a workbench, and crates that I can store my stuff in. Vickie walks in and lays down in a dog bed next to the workbench.

Mercy: I know it isn't much. We should have a room ready soon-
Me: Stop... this is perfect.
Mercy: I- wait, w-what? I'm not sure I-

I grab her shoulders, cutting her off.

Me: I have been living under the dirt. For two. Months. One of which I spent in isolation fixing that damn portal.

I gesture to the door, which I noticed had small windows earlier.

Me: The fact that I have sunlight coming in is a miracle.

Then I hug her. She hesitates before returning the hug. Then I let go.

Me: Sorry. Haven't hugged someone in 200 years.
Mercy: No, it's fine. Besides, I'm sure where you're from, there's not a lot of friendly faces.
Me: It's kind of hard to look friendly when your face looks like sand.

After that, the doc walked off to let me get settled in. I take a look around the garage again. It kind of reminds me of the Red Rocket station that I made a home out of a few months back.

Me: Well, Vickie... this is our new home.

She responds with a playful bark.