개화 5.

Every time the clock ticked, the more time Hyejoo and Chaewon spent together.

There was hardly a second where the two weren't being close to each other. Many others noticed this. Even Sooyoung noticed it. It made her mad, and it made Chaewon cautious.

She didn't want to be near the girl knowing that with any slip, she could fall into one of Sooyoung's traps.

So she kept close with Hyejoo.

_

"You're doing great Hyejoo!" Chaewon exclaimed. The girl rarely used her voice but she wanted to use it for Hyejoo.

Hyejoo visibly blushed and ducked her head. Chaewon had noticed that lately. It made her feel things knowing that she had an effect on the younger.

"I think that's good for today Hyejoo! You did so good!" Chaewon smiled. Hyejoo had been doing extremely good in learning sign language. It had only been a week and the girl was learning fast. Chaewon was proud.

Hyejoo picked her bag up and took out a watermelon lollipop, as per usual.

Chaewon gently grabbed the lollipop and placed it in her backpack's pocket.

Hyejoo tapped her shoulder and she looked up.

Hyejoo held her notepad up.

Can I walk you home today?

Chaewon felt uneasy. As much as she liked her home, it still was painful to live in it knowing what happened there before. She didn't want to bring her source of happiness to the one place that caused her pain.

So she refused.

"It's ok Hyejoo. I don't want you getting home really late."

Hyejoo tried to convince her a bit. A lot of erasing and scribbling until she finally gave up, waved Chaewon goodbye, and walked towards her home.

Chaewon felt uneasy again.

_

Chaewon was almost home when she felt a weird presence behind her. She grew frightened. She didn't know what to do so she began to run. In the midst of running, she turned back to see Ha Sooyoung running after her.

Oh gosh this was not going to end well.

Sooyoung was extremely fast so she could catch up to Chaewon at anytime. But, Chaewon didn't want to get beat up now. She didn't want her beautiful afternoon to be ruined.

She didn't want any pain.

She let out a squeak before she was pinned to a brick wall by Sooyoung.

Just like the first time and the last time, silence. Nothing but silence. And nothing but a raging screaming Sooyoung in front of her.

It was starting to become normal. She wishes sometimes that she could hear Sooyoung. Maybe answer her back. But she couldn't as she never knew what she said and because she was afraid. Sooyoung reminded her of her father. The thought of him made her cry all the time. So now that Sooyoung was in front of her, she felt the need to obey and cry.

And just like that. Just the last time. She was thrown against something. This time being a pile of bricks.

Her back was in extreme pain. Her eyes were starting to tear up. It stung. Everything was painful.

She hated pain.

She wanted Hyejoo by her side. Her one true happiness. The one person that made her feel so special. She needed her right now.

And it was like god or something had heard her prayers and sent her little guardian angel, Son Hyejoo, her way.

She didn't see much but by the looks of it, Hyejoo had walked by and saw the two. She was overpowering Sooyoung. Chaewon quickly got up and hugged the girl. Stopping her from harming the elder even more. As much as she was thankful Hyejoo saved her, she never wished pain to anyone or anything. Pain was horrible.

They looked at each other and smiled. Hyejoo wrapped her arm around Chaewon protectively and took her away from that incident.

Their story was growing. They were flowers, and with every little bit of water they started flowering.

___________

Perhaps I like this chapter a lot.