Chapter Two

When Jack and Beth got back from their honeymoon, they were bombarded with questions about how it was, what they did and compliments on their tans but they managed to get rid of the sea of people to enjoy their time together in their house before Jack went back to working with the boys. The first few days were cuddly and they mostly spent their time in pyjamas and in bed.

Sadly their time was ruined by a sudden sickness that had come over Beth in only a few days of them returning from their honeymoon. Beth had started being sick throughout the day and the first time Jack found her puking over our toilet he panicked. She had never been this sick in their time together. He rubbed her back and held her hair back and put her back to bed.

Jack thought he had nursed Beth back to health when she wolfed down a full dinner he had ordered for them but she was then sick again. He hated seeing her this way and not being to fix it. They had decided it was probably some sort of food poisoning from their honeymoon as they did eat some weird stuff out there.

Beth's sickness couldn't have fallen at a worse time as Jack had to go back to working with the boys now. He was completely reluctant to leave her but she told him she felt better so he wouldn't worry about her. She wouldn't want him to get hurt out there because he wasn't focused and worrying about her.

The night before he had to get up early to go out with the boys, Beth woke up at 3 am and sprinted to the bathroom to empty her stomach into the toilet. She could hear slow movements behind her as Jack tried to wake himself up to help her.

"Babe I don't like this at all" Jack said sitting next to her on the bathroom floor

"It will just be a bug, it will pass" Beth mumbled

"Will you go see a doctor for me please?" Jack asked

"If I get worse then yes but it will pass, I promise" Beth nodded

"Come on, brush your teeth and come back to bed" Jack said standing up and pulling Beth up with him.

She brushed her teeth and freshened herself up before she climbed back into bed with Jack where instead of going to sleep, he tried to talk her into going to the doctors because he was very worried. She fell asleep to him begging her to see someone about her sickness.

When Beth woke up in the morning, she felt groggy and horrible and cold because Jack wasn't next to her. She snuggled further into the covers before she was moved by someone pulling the bed covers away from her at her feet.

"Jack I'm tired, let me sleep please" Beth groaned pulling the bed covers back up

"Its Arianna" She heard a female state

"What are you doing here?" Beth asked sitting up on the bed and rubbing her eyes

"Jack said you were sick and weren't listening to him when he told you to go the doctors, so he brought a doctor here" Arianna smiled

"I just have a bug, I promise I'm okay and he's just being paranoid" Beth said

"I didn't bring anything to exam you with, I came to ease his mind although I do want you to come in so I can make sure you're okay" Arianna explained

"Another day?" Beth asked

"Yes, now let's go get breakfast" Arianna said "I'll be downstairs, get ready"

Beth spent most of her day with Arianna shopping and forgetting about her sickness and Jack's worrying. She actually wasn't sick once today so it was a good sign that the bug she had was passing. Arianna still wasn't convinced that it was just a bug but she didn't let up on what she thought it was yet until she had done a couple of tests. It was handy having a doctor friend.

When Beth got back home, Jack was back and seemed to be waiting for her.

"So, what's wrong with you?" Jack asked

"I've booked an appointment in a few days" Beth explained

"I thought she was checking you today" Jack frowned

"We went shopping but I promise I have an appointment but I haven't been sick today so it's probably passed" Beth smiled

"Good" Jack smiled

Beth started to prepare them both dinner and they sat together in the kitchen and ate.

"So how was your day?" Beth asked

"Easy, you know I'm a big bad criminal" Jack smirked

"Yeah" Beth nodded trying to ignore the feeling he gave her when he said things like that

"Bedroom?" Jack asked

"Race you there" Beth said sprinting for their bedroom

Jack was definitely a big bad criminal in the sheets. If Beth's day out with Arianna hadn't made her feel better then that definitely had.

She was however a little nervous for her appointment with Arianna as she felt Arianna knew what was up with her but she wasn't letting on. She really didn't want to say anything until she had done the proper tests. Beth could only hope that it was nothing serious or Jack would be super mad at her for passing it off as some stomach bug.