Chapter Eight

Time had ticked on and it had finally reached the part of Beth's pregnancy where they could find out the gender of their baby. However, they couldn't decide if they wanted to know or if they wanted to keep it a surprise. Beth was all for knowing what the gender was so she could go crazy and go shopping for their little one. Jack, however, wished to keep it a surprise so he could be even more excited on the day Beth gave birth. Beth for one could not wait that long.

They had an appointment today and they had the drive to the appointment to decide if they were going to find out the gender or not. Jack was pretty adamant on his side as was Beth so they really weren't getting anywhere. They both argued their points until they arrived at the doctors building. They hadn't decided yet.

"You know I could go in for the scan and you could wait outside for me?" Beth suggested

"No, i want to see our little baby again" Jack frowned

"I want to know the gender Jack, I'm desperate, I can't wait until the birth" Beth pouted

"Why don't we just go in and ask the nurse if she can just tell you instead of us both?" Jack suggested

"Fine but if you accidentally hear the gender, don't hate on me" Beth said climbing out of the car

They made their way into the building and were taken into the nurses room almost immediately.

"Are we excited for today?" The nurse grinned at them as she entered the room

"I am, he doesn't want to know" Beth said raising her eyebrow at Jack which made him roll his eyes

"So I wont be revealing anything out loud? I can print out the picture and put the information into a packet for you" She explained

"Really? Would that be okay with you Jack?" Beth asked

"If you really want to know then yes, go for it" Jack smiled "As long as i don't see it"

"Great, jump onto the table then and we'll get the scan done" She smiled

As she was scanning Beth's stomach Jack held Beth's hand as always and watched the screen with such excitement. Beth had no idea how he could wait to find out the gender of the baby, she was far too excited for this information.

Once the scan was done the nurse left the room to go print out the pictures and make the packet for Beth so she could finally see if she was having a little baby boy or girl. Jack let go of her hand and helped her clean up her stomach. She got off the bed and sat down with him waiting for the results.

When she came back in with the packet, Beth jumped up from her position to take it off her.

"Your next appointment is booked for a few weeks from now and you know you can just come in if there's any questions or problems" She smiled passing Beth the packet

"Thank you, we'll see you in a few weeks" Beth smiled leaving the room as Jack closely followed.

Beth eyed the packet in her hand trying to have a peak without Jack seeing. When she saw what she was having she tried to hold in her excitement as they left the place. She was so happy.

"Hey guys" They heard before they got out the exit doors

"Arianna" Beth smiled as she walked towards them

"You know the gender?" Arianna asked

"Yeah" Beth smiled "Jack doesn't though"

"Can I know?" Arianna asked looking for Jack's permission

"Go for it" Jack nodded

She opened the packet and grinned at the results. She hugged Beth and whispered that the baby was going to be beautiful. She only hoped Jack didn't hear as she used the identification of the gender.

Once they got into the car, they sat for a minute before Jack piped up.

"I heard Arianna" Jack said

"I'm sorry, I wasn't goin...."

"We're having a girl, Arianna said she right?" Jack grinned

"You're not mad?" Beth asked

"I thought I would be but we're having a little baby girl, i can't be mad, I'm too happy" Jack smiled pulling Beth in for a kiss

"Does this mean we can go a little bit of shopping for a while today?" Beth grinned

"Of course, lets go crazy" Jack smiled starting the car up

They did in fact go crazy and spent a lot of money on things for their little baby girl. When they got home, Jack was very tired from Beth pulling him around shops all day but she begged him to help her start building the cot. He said no for a while but she finally got him to come around and they spent the rest of the day building things up for their little girls nursery.

Once they had finished building and putting away everything they had bought, they were in a very loving mood and they couldn't keep their hands off each other which ended up with them in the bedroom for a few hours. It was a lot harder for Beth with the bump getting a lot bigger but Jack made sure to make it work for the both of them.

It tired Beth out though so he left her to sleep as he went off downstairs to watch TV as it was still early. She went to sleep dreaming about the baby girl that was soon to come for them. Their little princess who they would love and protect for their whole lives.