Chapter 2: A Hot Summer Evening (continuation to A Hot Summer Day)

Zelda opened her eyes and looked at the clock. "It's seven in the evening! We slept for so long!" She thought in panic and jerked up, unaware of Sky who was leaning onto her.

His head fell with a thud.

"Augh!" Sky exclaimed loudly, now wide awake and rubbing the side of his head.

"Oh no I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Zelda asked, rubbing the part that was bumped on the floor.

"Just... peachy..."

"What's going on...?" Time said, yawning.

"Nothing important. And don't go back to sleep, it's already late." Zelda said when Time closed his eyes again.

"Yes mom." He said drowsily.

"Oh come on! Wake up you all, I need to go home soon." Zelda said with a loud voice.

"Yeah yeah, I'm awake. But this idiot won't let go of me." Twi said, annoyed as Wild was still clinging onto him.

Wild mumbled and Toon was snoring. Zelda sighed.

"Want me to cook something for you or will you all manage on your own?" she asked, taking a look at her surroundings.

"We'll manage. And thanks for today, Zel. Hope you have a good night." Sky said and got up.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep anymore today..." she said darkly and opened the door.

"Ahah. Good luck trying to sleep then." Time said and trashed around on the floor.

After Zelda left, Twi poked Wild's cheek.

"Wake up you dumbass. Who's gonna cook for us if you're sleeping the entire time?" He said.

Wild mumbled more and Time pinched his nose.

It's not like they can't cook, in fact, they can prepare gourmet dishes if needed, but apparently Wild cooks the best from all of them. So he's in the cooking department.

Sky lifted Wild from Twi's body and carried him to the kitchen. Wild is small, so that's not a problem. He picked a bottle of pepper and hovered them under Wild's nose, making him sneeze. A lot. And he sneezes like a kitten. And then Sky ran away.

As he was sitting on the dining table, his nose red and runny from all the sneezing, Wolf came around and placed his head onto Wild's lap. He drowsily scratched the top of Wolf's head.

"Hey boy. Please get the person who made me sneeze so much...." He slurred and closed his eyes once again.

Wolf barked and bit Wild's hand softly, telling him to wake up.

"Bad, bad doggie." Wild mumbled.

Meanwhile Time and Twi were trying to wake Toon up.

"Toon! Hey Toon, wake up or we'll throw you to the water!" Time said.

It's common knowledge that Toon is afraid of water, so it's pretty hard to get him to take a bath. Apparently he almost drowned once, and now he's scared that it'll happen again.

Toon leapt from the sofa with his signature "waaah!" and pressed his back against the wall.

"See? That always works." Time said cheekily to Twi, who sighed in reply.

"Okay, but what about Sky? He's also hard to wake up. And Wild too. Seriously that kid's getting on my nerves. One of these days my hair is going to turn white because of him." Twi exclaimed complainingly.

"I'm not a kid!" came the furious reply from the kitchen.

"You're just being a good big brother. And he's the most spoiled boy ever. Even Toon is better than him. Right, Toon?" said Time.