three.

(y/n) came earlier to the house than travis expected. her gentle voice from the hallway woke him up, and the boy knew that right after he awoke, it was a routine to stay in for as long as possible when she's around. the body is fragile after getting up, and for travis, that sensitivity lasted for longer than he wanted to.

once he heard her go downstairs he swiftly made his way to the bathroom, just in case. he looked at himself long and hard in the mirror, and took a shower straight after to avoid the eye contact he was holding with the curly-haired boy in the reflection.

it made him uneasy, and awfully insecure.

after he was done showering, it was finally a time he felt decent. brushing through his locks and drying them he felt good, and finally managed to give a faint smile to himself, but that soon changed after hearing schlatt's booming yet inaudible voice speaking downstairs, and (y/n)'s sweet laughter follow straight after. the boy's grin dropped within seconds and he was sent crouching to the floor, right in front of the toilet bowl.

travis has been in his room for over five hours since waking up, finding new things to do, like edit, write ideas for streams, find new games, and simply surf his social media on his phone. anything to avoid contact with the girl.

unfortunately for him but very unsurprisingly, it was sooner than later when cooper finally knocked on his door. travis acted casual, as if there wasn't a purpose for his hideaway, and cooper asked him about it.

"nothing, nothing, i'm just..busy."

"busy my ass," the blonde snorts, knowing his roommate is a terrible liar, but doesn't question it. "let's go eat lunch."

travis did his best to argue but a part of him knew how unmannered it would be to not come out of his room all day, especially in (y/n)'s presence. he didn't want her to feel like he had something against her, even if a part of him did.

the minute he entered their enormous kitchen and dining room, he was greeted and felt quite loved with all the smiles being thrown his way. he did apologize, and the second he sat down, (y/n) switched her placement from being close to schlatt to leaning onto travis. he was one of her closest friends after all.

she was making jokes and trying to get him to smile more so than anybody. he truly mattered to her, but not in the way that she did to travis. she gave him small hugs here and there, sensing something off in his character, but soon decided against continuing and lessened her fanatic state to make the boy happy.

"why aren't you eating anything? we thought you'd like the pizza," carson softly asked travis with a light grin. everyone could see how tense the black-haired boy was, so pushing him for answers wasn't the best idea.

"i don't feel too great," the latter admitted. people nodded as he explained that he's pretty vulnerable to catching bugs and overall feeling sick throughout the day, and, well, at least part of it was true.

later in the evening the group had settled to watch a movie. it was some random rom-com that the girls in the group (and noah) convinced the rest would be a great watch, so with grace's, madi's, noah's, and (y/n)'s recommendations, they proceeded to search it up on netflix.

from the corner of his eye, travis could see (y/n) on her phone, smiling at the screen. he quickly spotted another illuminated face in the dimmed room, a lit screen in schlatt's hand, and instantly connected the dots. she was blushing, and he grinned at whatever was being said, and it felt like a stab wound just appeared on travis' chest. the spikes of the flower pinched through the skin, and it was impossible at that point to know if it was literal or metaphoric, because the unconscious waves of insecurity crashed painfully in the boy's mind and clouded all his thoughts.

schlatt seemed to be special to her, and travis wasn't schlatt.