nine.

it was sickening.

travis has been scrolling through the feeds and timelines of every possible social media app he could find on his phone, and the only talk between his friends was about the party and foreseeable future hangouts.

travis couldn't stand it. remembering the hours he spent walking back in the rain - it felt like a burden having friends. a burden to leave the house, a burden to be an active member in society, a burden to live.

how could he let a girl do that to him? simply the existence of another human being has caused him to desire to be a hermit, and the more he thought about it, the more he blamed her, and the more frustrated he got. his annoyance not only came due to the painful, blooming flower within his chest, but also because...who was to blame?

travis was crushed. he was the burden. all because of her.

it's been a few days since the party and he hasn't left his room. he's ditched streaming for the week and became mia on twitter without saying a word, and his only company since has been his phone, his ceiling, and the darkness, which he seeked out even during the day.

he heard voices downstairs that sunday evening. it seemed as if the rest of his housemates had invited over some friends, and it also seemed that nobody particularly cared for travis' presence. there were no new messages inviting him downstairs, no knocks on the door from cooper signaling to him that take-out had arrived, and especially, no spoken words from (y/n), whose voice he clearly heard from downstairs, laughing.

maybe i took it the wrong way.. travis kept thinking to himself throughout. he knew that if he wanted something, he should be the one making the first move to get it, but what struck him the most is that none of his friends had come to see him. they haven't spoken. they simply gave up.

before travis could allow his tears to well up, he was already jumping off the bed and sprinting to the bathroom, yet still being cautious with his steps and actions to not make much noise. he hurled over the toilet bowl after locking himself in the room and did what he needed to.

for what felt like hours, there was a burning sensation in his chest, the itch growing more painful and his throat more and more sore. he hasn't stopped throwing up, and all he could think of was how absolutely stupid he was for falling this hard, and how much he wanted to rip out his throat and lungs to stop this horrid pain. it was pulsating all around his body now, him gripping the clean sides of the toilet, and within moments after thinking about being a burden to his friends once more, the petals suddenly stopped traveling up his thorax and his body halted it's hurling.

travis looked up, confused and bewildered, still breathing heavy from the pain, and not long after, black and white spots began to cloud his vision. travis tried to hold on to the cold edges of the bathtub, but there was a weight on his chest and shoulders pushing him down, and surely enough, after gripping the chilly tiles of the bathroom floor, the boy laid still, his breathing faltering and soon coming to a stop.